Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished Pacesetter Install...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Finished Pacesetter Install...

It had it's good times and it's bad. The driver side went pretty smoothly. The old MAC came out easily and the Pacesetter went in without a hitch. However the passenger side was a lot worse. The old MAC was a btich to get out. Ended up taking it out through the bottom but removing the starter and that plastic plate. Even then it was tough. I had to jack up the car a little more to get the Pacesetter in. It was hard to keep it from falling while bolting it in. That was the worst part. The flange cut my hand bad and I bled all over the header... ouch. The EGR tube didn't line up real well, and bolting the AIR and EGR tubes was a bitch with their crappy hardware. For the O2's, I used 24" extensions on both sides which worked very well.

It took about 6 hours total, I also ran the wires for the cutouts but that only took about 15 minutes. I also started it and WOW, it sounded so badass. I only let it run for about 10 seconds because I didn't want to wake up the neighbors. Tomarrow I will be talking it to the exhaust shop to have them weld together the Y-pipe and hang the cat-back.

Please ask any question you may have.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question

Which Y pipe did you go with or is it going to be a custom one? Welded to the headers too or clamps?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man..

I know the feeling of painting a new part with blood.. Just gives things a little more character..

Be sure to post pics when you get the entire setup done.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:13 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the pacesetters come with the 02 extensions? What other extra things did you need to buy for the install?
Old 10-16-2004, 10:42 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Good to hear the swap went well.
I'm in the same process (duals came off- y pipe and catback going on).
Old 10-16-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I went with custom Y-pipe, which has cutouts, cats, and a flowmaster y-collector. I JUST got back from the exhaust shop and welded it all together up to the collector and stopped there due to lack of money. Right now it sound exactly like a mustang. I have to go put on the electric plates right now and fix the banging.

The y-pipe is flanged to the headers with standard 3-bolt flanges.

The Pacesetters came with a kit to lengthen your own O2 sensors. I started it with the O2 sensors from behind the cats but said **** it and bought some real extensions.

The rest of the exhaust will be finished next Saturday, hopefully.