Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i love my hooker but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 03:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i love my hooker but...

i've been contemplating going back to true duals, however i can't afford to ahve them run out the back. after hearing a gmmg in person...just about every peice of my body (yes every peice) is telling me i gotta chang ethe sound to the chambered muffler style. i have been thinking of cutting out the muffler and where the i pipe bends over the axle putting a 3 inch to dual 2.5 inch exits y pipe in there and putting some sweet chambers out back.

i currently have the hooker catback... would i lose any performance from doing so?

I was th inking about using regular pipe to branch off of the y peice then using the sweet chambers as the tail pipes, and then putting some stock rectangular (vent style) tips out the back, just cause im weird and i really like the look of the stock tips for some reason.

do you all think this owuld give me the same kind of sweet chamber sound as say a gmmg or do you t hink it would just be a mess and not worth it? welding and customizing is free, the tips i have, so basically ill just be buying mufflers.

let me know what you guys think of my idea. shoot me down or give me praise or whatever im just brain storming for now.
Thanks guys
Travis
Old 10-16-2004, 04:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If all you have to buy is the muffler, I say go for it. And let us know how it sounds. I dont know how it will sound, and neither does anyone else on this board (probably) but Im sure youll give alot of opinions.