Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what headers/exhaust would you get if you had any choice

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what headers/exhaust would you get if you had any choice

ok i have two friends and my first one has a complete SLP header/exhaust system on it and the cats are removed. Also my other friend has a B&B exhaust with an over sized y pipe. As for my friends B&B i love it. It sounds great and has a rich sound, but the SLP exhaust my other friend has is just way to out of line. You can't even hear yourself think while your riding in it. But anyway i would totally love to have an exhaust like the B&B but i would like it to have a deep throated sound to it and possibly be a little louder but not as neer as loud as the SLP system my friend has. Hopefully you guys get the idea of how loud/tone i would like it to be. SO basicially i want a complete header/exhaust system that doesn't sound like i have taken my headers off but rather loud enough to get your attention and a good low tone to it. Thanks for any responses!!
Old 10-16-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have edelbrock victor drag headers, with ORY and hooker catback... that is the ULTIMATE EXHAUST COMBO, flow, quiet driving around, and when you get on it, all hell breaks loose.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:47 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kooks/qtp LT's and TD's out the back.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

well, if money where no object. I'd start with some kooks stainless steel headers to a custom mandrel bend stainless steel 3" true duel x-pipe borla xr-1 muffled exhaust that exited at the rear bumper. whew I think that would truely sound the best. period
Old 10-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Teching In

If it were my car I'd do, Dynatec 1 7/8 step long tubes, custom mandrel bends off headers to an X-pipe, then duals to either flowmaster or spintec mufflers w/turndowns just before the axle.

Throw some cubes a cam and some compression and it would sound bad ***!
Old 10-16-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

QTP headers with the high velocity merge collector, 2.5" true duals with sweet thunder mufflers over the axel.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shawn's SS
well, if money where no object. I'd start with some kooks stainless steel headers to a custom mandrel bend stainless steel 3" true duel x-pipe borla xr-1 muffled exhaust that exited at the rear bumper. whew I think that would truely sound the best. period
yeah that doesn't sound bad at all. Im either looking at kooks, jet-hot, pacesetters, and Flp's. But kooks sure seem good to me. Also what is a custom mandrel bend? And yeah i figured it would be true duals but is it possible to have duals to go to a cat-back? I was either looking at a B&B or Corsa. But hey is you guys have any better idea's let me hear them. Thanks
Old 10-16-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE]I have edelbrock victor drag headers, with ORY and hooker catback... that is the ULTIMATE EXHAUST COMBO, flow, quiet driving around, and when you get on it, all hell breaks loose.[QUOTE]

i have the same thing and absolutely LOVE IT! sounds like an old school muscle car.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kooks/ catted true duals out the back... w/ Borla quad intercooled tips.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=God of Thunder][QUOTE]I have edelbrock victor drag headers, with ORY and hooker catback... that is the ULTIMATE EXHAUST COMBO, flow, quiet driving around, and when you get on it, all hell breaks loose.

i have the same thing and absolutely LOVE IT! sounds like an old school muscle car.
awesome man, does it sound pretty nice just at idle and when you get on it? but i don't really hear anything about eledbrock or hooker....did everthing fit prefectly when you bought the complete exhaust? and does it have good quality
Old 10-16-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm gonna go against the grain (duals) and say:

Kooks (or QTP) LTs, catted-y, and GMMG.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
I'm gonna go against the grain (duals) and say:

Kooks (or QTP) LTs, catted-y, and GMMG.

Got the GMMG and waiting to install the QTPs and catted y whenever I get in touch with my install guy.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

QTP's catted Y and GMMG (will be getting in the year)

if i was to custom one wiht unlimited cash...
QTP LT's-ORX pipe w/ dual QTec electric cutouts-actual GMMG chambers w/ 2 extra QTec Electric cutouts b4 the axle after the mufflers-bent over the axle out the back (custom fitted for good tuck) all stainless steel adn ceramic coated with OVAL tips from GMMG (T/A) or CORSA PREMIUMS (T/A or Camaro) or Stock Camaro (Cammy) now woudlnt that be suntn
Old 10-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Launching!

yeah i would deffently like to have duals but i want them to lead to a cat-back so i could have some nice looking tips to see under my rear bumper. It would look kinda odd to see a trans am with no exhaust exiting out of the gaps on the rear bumper. Do you guys get my point?
Old 10-16-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ssmaro
yeah i would deffently like to have duals but i want them to lead to a cat-back so i could have some nice looking tips to see under my rear bumper. It would look kinda odd to see a trans am with no exhaust exiting out of the gaps on the rear bumper. Do you guys get my point?
You want your duals to lead to tips.. Duals can't lead to a catback...

I'm bored.. just messin with ya..
Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Kooks stainless steel longtubes into a custom true dual setup with no cats and some Sweet Thunder chambered "mufflers" and going all the way back out to Corsa tips.

Or if I wanted it to sound more refined: Kooks SS longtubes into a catted Y and then into a Magnaflow catback with Corsa tips.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Launching!

also if i did have duals go to a cat-back how would that work, ive only seen it done by a y-pipe
Old 10-17-2004, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BAD-SS
Got the GMMG and waiting to install the QTPs and catted y whenever I get in touch with my install guy.
I'll definitely have to hear that once you get that done. If I had any choice I'd get QTPs with boom tubes going out both sides.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would go with the TSP rumbler Xpipe coming off of some Kooks LTs, cats that are interchangeable with a freeflowing pipe, with some Borla XR-1s....

I learned already to do it exactly how you want it the first time, I wasted money on a flowmaster catback and its now sitting in my garage. Therefore I DID put together my dream exhaust, costs quite a bit but man do you love the feeling when everything is exacly how you want it.

-JOSH
Old 10-17-2004, 03:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssmaro
ok i have two friends and my first one has a complete SLP header/exhaust system on it and the cats are removed. Also my other friend has a B&B exhaust with an over sized y pipe. As for my friends B&B i love it. It sounds great and has a rich sound, but the SLP exhaust my other friend has is just way to out of line. You can't even hear yourself think while your riding in it. But anyway i would totally love to have an exhaust like the B&B but i would like it to have a deep throated sound to it and possibly be a little louder but not as neer as loud as the SLP system my friend has.
I'd assume that the one guy has the SLP Loudmouth, with headers and no cats, hence why it is so loud?
Either way, I like the sound of a good long tube such as the QTPs along with their off road Y pipe and maybe a Magnaflow or Hooker cat back with a QTP electric cut out in the I pipe for those 'special' times.