Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coated Pacesetter LT's..how will they hold up to the elements??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coated Pacesetter LT's..how will they hold up to the elements??

Looking to possibly get more feedback from guys with coated pacesetter's as to how they hold up to the elements. I live in NY, on Long island and I do drive my car in the rain and its never garaged. Idon't drive it in the actual snow but I will drive it after the snows gone but salt is still on the roads.

i had a mustang before my WS6 w/mac headers with their coating which seemed to be sub-par to the Pacesetter coating and they held up fine for like 4 years and than i sold the car...they could still be growing strong for all i know.

Also, I might be adding VHS high temp 1500 degree clear coat on them before i get them installed. Local friend did this to his jet-hots which is where I got the info to do this from. Would this help a lot??
Old 10-19-2004, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

if your asking about weather, well then mine is a daily drive as of now and i drive all year long, i have had them for about 7 mo now and their still great. i hope this helps. skeeter
Old 10-19-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

thanks but it doesnt snow in TX right? but you drive it in the rain and everything...How much rain do you guys get?

as a side not how were your HP/Tq gains with these headers?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Hawaii, and it rains every other day. The headers have been on the car for 7 months and I can't really complain. They still shine, but the collectors have a little bit of rust starting on the bottom.

You can see them in my webshots pictures.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the feedback. So far i am hearing what I figured that these headers are probably good for 5+ years before there structural integrity may actually be compromised....
(that should be the only real concern as show cars wuldnt have gone with coated headers in the first place)