Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Wrap for non coated PaceSetter LT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 06:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Wrap for non coated PaceSetter LT?

What's the offical take on Header Wrap? I'm fixing to have a set of PaceSetter LT Non Coated installaled and I wanted to know if it's advisable to go ahead and put some header wrap on to reduce the engine bay temp and protect the headers?

Also if you had 70K miles on your car and were having someone change the cam / headers would you also replace the Oil pump just to be safe? Don't have a ton of money so part of me says heck with that but their is the part that says just do it and thats one less thing I have to worry about breaking.
Thanks for your opinions Guys!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

good question i'd like to know too
Old 10-24-2004, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by God Forgives I Dont
Also if you had 70K miles on your car and were having someone change the cam / headers would you also replace the Oil pump just to be safe?
I like the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Though, your oil pump malfunctioning would hurt your motor.

I still use the stock slave cylinder and it works good as hell. Everybody changes to the upgraded ones when replacing the clutch, but I have never had a problem shifting nor have I had a problem with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Stock hydros just turned 95000 miles with an addition of a Spec Stage3. No problems... yet
Old 10-24-2004, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

The only bad thing about header wrap is that it holds moisture, and will prematurely rust the headers, its great at keeping down heat, but be ready for the headers to rust.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly, header wrap I think would shorten the life of the headers. Wrap is mostly to protect things around the exhaust from melting.

As for the oil pump, yes change it. They are known for crapping out w/o notice so it's cheap insurance.

Quick Reply: Header Wrap for non coated PaceSetter LT?