Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer A/F guage... O2's go bad..

Old 10-27-2004, 03:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Autometer A/F guage... O2's go bad..

I have a concern here...

Today I noticed that my Autometer A/f guage wasn't doing it's usual flashy dance. The car also felt a bit sluggish.

Well, I swapped in a spare O2 sensor that I had. It operated for about 5 minutes.. Operating in the Stoich section.. then it slowly went down to lean and then no more flashy..

Are these guages known for frying O2 sensors. I've had it installed for about 5-6 months, and this is the first time that I've had trouble with it.

I have a wire tap right in the front of the drivers side head.. tapped into the purple/ white line wire.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:12 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Nordskog A/f guage that would pull down the voltage of the O2 sensors output and cause me throw a bank 1 sensor 1 lean code, but it didn't damage the sensor. I changed to a summit guage and have never had a problem. And yes you are tied into the correct wire.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TA TED
I had a Nordskog A/f guage that would pull down the voltage of the O2 sensors output and cause me throw a bank 1 sensor 1 lean code, but it didn't damage the sensor. I changed to a summit guage and have never had a problem. And yes you are tied into the correct wire.
Thanks..
I'll do a good check over my wiring and buy some new O2's.. Remove the guage to see if the problem goes away..
Old 10-28-2004, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

We had the same problem on a buddies car. Removed the gauge and he stopped going through O2's.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same exact thing happend to me. I just replaced the o2 sensor and disconnected the gauge for now. I was gonna ship it out to autometer cause I figured the gauge itself was fucked up, but I guess it's normal what happend. Kind of gay and annoying if you ask me. Should I try re-connecting the gauge and see what happends?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

When you guys noticed the lean issue.. Was the car running sort of sluggish.. Mine felt like it had a slight studder to it..

I haven't driven it since I saw the gauge go completely lean.. Good thing I have a beater.

Should have it disconnected this afternoon hopefully..

Search this Thread