Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Lt's and TSP TrueDuals installed!!

Old 10-28-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Kooks Lt's and TSP TrueDuals installed!!

After reading lots of posts, many hours on ls1sounds, and hearing local cars at hooters, i broke down and bought Kooks Lt's race headers and TSP true duals.
I wanted to do the install myself, but without a lift, it seemed a better idea to let a few friends help out. Ken and Jason did a great job installing the headers. The TSP duals had to be moved around quite a bit in order to gain enough clearance, but worked out ok. Looking at my side view, it doesn't look high enough, so i might need to replace the bullets with a set of 2 1/2 sweet thunders. I've got a few speed bumps at the office park where i work, and i hear it scrape just a little, so i need to fix that.
The sound?
WOW! My car now sounds like a muscle should sound. It's not as loud as a loudmouth but it's not sheepish either. My first day i had to return a band clamp to napa, driving on a four lane, i noticed no one was tailgating me.
Not wanting to attract attention , i drove the speed limit, and watched a woman pass me on the left, cut in front of me, then pull into the right hand turn lane. As i passed her i looked, and she's YELLING at me!! My first day, and i'm pissing people off? HELL YEAH! On the highway, it's got a little resonace inside, but it's worth the price of admission IMO. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share good news.
mike
Attached Thumbnails Kooks Lt's and TSP TrueDuals installed!!-headers-duals.jpg   Kooks Lt's and TSP TrueDuals installed!!-tsp.jpg   Kooks Lt's and TSP TrueDuals installed!!-side-view.jpg  
Old 10-28-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new exhaust..

Side clearance looks about right to me.. You would gain maybe .5" with the sweet-thunders.

The fumes getting to you yet?
Old 10-28-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks!
To tell you the truth, i can only smell a HINT of fumes when i get out of the car. I drove to a friends house last night with the top down and at stop lights i can't smell it.
Do you think it would be worth getting the sweet thunders? You've had both right? Which one would you rather have on a DD?
Old 10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stark
Thanks!
To tell you the truth, i can only smell a HINT of fumes when i get out of the car. I drove to a friends house last night with the top down and at stop lights i can't smell it.
Do you think it would be worth getting the sweet thunders? You've had both right? Which one would you rather have on a DD?

I biased.. Sweet-Thunders all the way. My next setup is gonna be sweet-thunders out the back.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

They look fabulous man! Holy crap thats a great looking exhaust setup. I'f I didn't have these stupid cutouts in my rear bumper I'd have TDs in a heartbeat. Get us a sound clip!! LOL
Old 10-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Launching!

That woman that was yelling at you would have got a big as she passed fron me .
Old 10-28-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks SDC
KimberWS6- she really caught me off guard, i was shocked into laughter rather than being pissed off. Next time i'll just throw a rev at her!!
Z28Venom-I'm really wanting to throw on a set of sweet thunders now for a side by side comparison. Donors anyone?

Search this Thread