Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

I recently changed my engine coolant temp sensor, cause i broke when i was doing my header install.Then i put some more coolant in, to compensate for what leaked out. Ran for a while everything was good, then got home turned off the car , later on i went back outside and tried to turn the car on but nothing. Then i noticed a coolant leak in hte front passanger side, but i cant seem to find where its coimg from, checked all the hoses and everything was good, if anybody can help it would be awesome, getting a lil fustrated and just want to drive my z, thanks
Old 10-28-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MxWickedZ28
I recently changed my engine coolant temp sensor, cause i broke when i was doing my header install.Then i put some more coolant in, to compensate for what leaked out. Ran for a while everything was good, then got home turned off the car , later on i went back outside and tried to turn the car on but nothing. Then i noticed a coolant leak in hte front passanger side, but i cant seem to find where its coimg from, checked all the hoses and everything was good, if anybody can help it would be awesome, getting a lil fustrated and just want to drive my z, thanks
Do you have a cam to take pics of the area where you think the leak is. Question is kinda hard to answer with seeing what you're dealing with.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

nah, i wish i did, but im thinking it could be hte sensor, becasue the cars acting the way it was before when the sensor was broke, i dont know if its possible for hte sensor to go bad taht quickly, and the cooland leak was somewhere on the lower part of the passangers side casue it was all wet in the fender welland kinda along where the ac lines are at, i doubt that will help but thats the most i can give you right now , thanks though
Old 10-28-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Double check everything you touched and go from there.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MxWickedZ28
nah, i wish i did, but im thinking it could be hte sensor, becasue the cars acting the way it was before when the sensor was broke, i dont know if its possible for hte sensor to go bad taht quickly, and the cooland leak was somewhere on the lower part of the passangers side casue it was all wet in the fender welland kinda along where the ac lines are at, i doubt that will help but thats the most i can give you right now , thanks though

Did you use a teflon tape when you installed the sensor? What did you use to seal it with?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Did you over heat it?