Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumbler-LM comparisson please

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumbler-LM comparisson please

I am debating getting either the LM and Rumbler cat-back. The reason I consider the rumbler is because by next spring I will have LT's and I hear LM is quite loud and raspy. I have read that Rumbler is much better with the rasp and drone. is the resonators different? Why is it a difference if the catbacks are so identical?

Is the Rumbler stainless?

Thanks Guys, Jon
Old 10-30-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAUS1
I am debating getting either the LM and Rumbler cat-back. The reason I consider the rumbler is because by next spring I will have LT's and I hear LM is quite loud and raspy. I have read that Rumbler is much better with the rasp and drone. is the resonators different? Why is it a difference if the catbacks are so identical?

Thanks Guys, Jon
A search would have yielded your answers.. but I'll help you out.

TSP Rumbler:
3"
Aluminized steel
18" Dynomax Bullet

Loudmouth
3"
Stainless steel
12" resonator

Sound quality:
The both sound amazing on stock manifolds and cats. Add LTs and ORY to the mix and it's a whole different ballgame. They both become louder and obnoxiously raspy.

The Rumbler cuts down maybe 10% of the Rasp, but it still sounds like *** with LTs and ORY.

If you get either of these exhausts, I would recommend adding a Borla XR-1 once you add your LTs and ORY.

They're really the same exhaust and about the same sound quality.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAUS1

Thanks Guys, Jon
The difference between LM and rumbler is the resonator. On the LM is just a bigger peice of pipe, on the rumbler it's a bullet muffler. Either one is going to be loud. If you are planning on a ORY, I wouldn't recomend either personally.

Walked out of the room before I finished typing and somone beat me to it...
Old 10-30-2004, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

What about a catted Y-Pipe with a Rumbler or a LM? I have heard an LS1 with LT's/ORY thru a LM and it was deafening!
Old 10-30-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Aluminized steel? Good for winters and salt...weather kinda sucks here in chicago?