Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR Valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR Valve

Hello, I am new to this site and I have a question. Is it possible to remove the EGR valve and all of the other emmisions control items and not have any problems with the computer or anything like that? Thank you
Old 10-30-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default You'll need it tuned out ...

Once you remove the EGR and A.I.R. pump/hoses, there are two fuses you will need to pull ... one's actually a square module in one of your two fuse boxes under the hood. You'll also throw several codes. The !EGR and !AIR will need to be turned off to clear the SES light codes and disable the functionality of these devices ... with LS1Edit or HPTuners, etc..

I waited until I had most of my mods/upgrades done before I actually removed the EGR/AIR pump ... THEN, got my '99 tuned ... cost me $350.00 to have several dyno pulls and a tune. EGR is always in the way and it's a hassle to take off and put back on. evrytime you do work on your car, it's always in the way. You'd have to decide at what point to remove the stuff. I kept taking mine off and putting it back on and it seemed to run better with the stuff ON the car ... until I had it tuned out, then, it seems to run better. Either way, you won't notice much difference, if any.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-30-2004 at 07:37 PM. Reason: further explain ...