Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric water pump, worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric water pump, worth the money?

Is the electric water pump worth the money for the little amount of HP it makes? Any other benefits or disadvantages?
Old 10-31-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it is more possible to overheat I guess with a lot of bumber to bumper traffic. I would get other mods before getting that one. You probably will not see a lot of peak power gain but you will see a good gain (5-15) in the mid-range and low end power gain.

-Todd
Old 10-31-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Do a search. Minimal gains, low reliability for vehicles that see regular street duty.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Well it is more possible to overheat I guess with a lot of bumber to bumper traffic. I would get other mods before getting that one. You probably will not see a lot of peak power gain but you will see a good gain (5-15) in the mid-range and low end power gain.

-Todd
Actually it should do better in stop and go traffic (the street version anyway). Reliability, however, is a major concern and most likely the reason I will be going back with either a stock pump or (hopefully) and Evans modified pump.