Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad 02's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad 02's?

Would bad 02's cause the car to idle strange sometimes? Im assuming yes, as my check engine light came on about 1 week ago. I got the code checked and its the 02 sensor on the side of #2. Anyway, i havent seen any problems since, untill this morning when i turned the car on and it idled at around 400-500rpm then a few seconds later it jumped up to correct itself. Anyway, im pretty sure the (at least one) bad 02's would cause this, I just want to know if there is anything else that could be causing this?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

You know... the more i think about it, the more im sure my 02's are messed up. I drove around for 1 1/2 months with my long tubes and no cats running so rich that it stained my tips yellow... Im gonna replace the 02's soon.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had the same problem... My car was running really rich for about 2 weeks..

A/F guage stopped working and the car ran like crap.. Bit the bullet and bought new O2's..

Problem solved..
Old 11-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

I saw a post the other day about possibly getting rear corvett replacement 02's because the wires are long enough that you dont need to use the extensions any more. I think the problem might even be that the extensions are letting watter in and messing with the input. Has anyone done this? Any problems?