Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals are on.....ho-ly-shit (few questions also)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP True Duals are on.....ho-ly-**** (few questions also)

These bitches are LOOOOUUUUDDDD. I love it. Like, scaring old ladies on the side of the road loud. Had 3 people try to race me just on the way home last night, and that never happens to me. Interior noise is quite high, but it wont be a daily driver for much longer so no biggie. There is still a bit of banging against the underbody, but nothing even close to what it was with the Hooker ORY. I will do some adjustments soon to get rid of that. I am already thinking about what other mufflers i can weld up in there to change the sound a bit. Those Sweet Thunders everyone is always talking about sound like a good option. Who makes those and what is the part number that fits if anyone knows? One other question, can you weld up the entire system except at the collectors of course and still be able to get it off? I hate those kind of clamps they use in the kit. Anyhow, overall very happy with product and sound quality. Now I absolutly HAVE to get a cam, I can tell it will some kinda bad *** when this thing starts hittin a lick.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Default TD's

Congradulations, I put mine on a few weaks ago with some jet-hot headers, I love em. My car is lowered tho, so I have to be a little carefull but hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I havn't had any problems with banging so a little tweaking should fix that. Yeah those U clamps suck, I went to a muffler shop in town and got all band clamps, like the ones that sould have came with the kit where it attaches to the headers. As far as mufflers, Im going to get mine extended out the back, so I have tips and I might change to flow-pro twister mufflers, they sound awesome, you can here a setup with them on at lanes website. My interior drone isn't to bad, try to turn the turn downs out to the sides a little if you havn't already, having them straight down will make it worse.Well enjoy.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

My magnaflows are almost to quiet for stock internals but it will wake up with a cam.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I went from the bullet mufflers that were turned down to 40 series flowmasters. The sound difference was so much better, not as loud but more throaty. On the downside I did notice a little power loss but our race season is over so i will take the sound until next spring
Old 11-04-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats on the install!! I told you you'd like them. Yes, the sound is a little loud on the inside, but on my vert it was a given. I'm going to get sweet thunders and try to tone it down a little because i can't even talk on my cell in the car( like i need to be talking on my cell and driving anyway). All and all, i'd say it was money well spent, welcome to the land of true duals!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase..

If you're gonna switch to sweet-thunders to quiet down your exhaust, you will be highly upset. The thunders are loud also, but I loved them.

Yes, you can have the entire exhaust welded. Removing it should be pretty easy. Just a bit of wiggling and it should slid off.

www.sweet-thunders.com is where you can get the thunders..
Old 11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Congrats on your purchase..

If you're gonna switch to sweet-thunders to quiet down your exhaust, you will be highly upset. The thunders are loud also, but I loved them.

Yes, you can have the entire exhaust welded. Removing it should be pretty easy. Just a bit of wiggling and it should slid off.

www.sweet-thunders.com is where you can get the thunders..
I wasnt thinking of the sweet thunders for quieting it down, more just to see what the change in tone and depth would be. I am having some banging issues when i take turns, but i am confident with a bit of tweaking I can get rid of that. I will likely have it welded here soon, once i get it just how i want it. Overall I am very pleased with the whole deal.

Edit- They should require you to purchase a cam along with this exhaust, I like get wood just thinking about how this thing is gonna sound with an MS3 cam.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Cool, any chambered muffler should be alot quieter than straight thrus. I have ORY and a flowmaster and its barely any louder than stock.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, when I put my LT's and TD's on, everybody STOPPED racing me???. I wouldnt weld up the exhaust cause the angled out header will make it a bitch to pull off.