Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's to stock exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's to stock exhaust?

I have Pacesetter LT's waiting to be installed, but i dont have enough money for my duals yet. So my question is, can i somehow hook up my LT's to my stock SS exhaust without spending very much money?
Old 11-05-2004, 01:55 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zchgla
I have Pacesetter LT's waiting to be installed, but i dont have enough money for my duals yet. So my question is, can i somehow hook up my LT's to my stock SS exhaust without spending very much money?
Just get a good muffler/welding shop to modify the Y-pipe to fit. The amount of money... I can't tell you as it would vary from shop to shop. I'd guess that if you have an "in" somewhere it could be as little as $30. That's what I've had some similar jobs done for.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:27 AM
11 Second Club

Just save up your money and wait for the duals.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put pacesetters on a ws6 with stock exhaust, and it bolted right up...i would try it and if it doesn't work, just wait
Old 11-07-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
i put pacesetters on a ws6 with stock exhaust, and it bolted right up...i would try it and if it doesn't work, just wait
Whoa Whoa Whoa wait up before telling him something like that. He's talking about trying to bolt up Long Tube Headers to his Factory Y-Pipe. You cannot make the stock y-pipe fit Long Tubes! It's crushed on the drivers side and there's no way to make THAT fit a 3" header collector. Besides the fact that the stock y-pipe is too small to fit to a 3" header, the headers are also going to exit down next to the transmission so there's no way without cutting the hell out of the stock y-pipe to even get it to line up with the headers.

You have 3 options:

1. Buy an Off Road Y-Pipe used off someone here on the boards.

2. Run Open Headers for a while.

3. Wait until you can afford true duals.

I'm also assuming you have 02 sims already. If not it's best if you just wait until you get more money before installing these headers. You're going to need o2 sims to keep your SES light from coming on.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for your help, I will just wait. The problem is that i lost my job and am running out of money, not gaining it. My only option is to wait until i have enough money to the duals, thanks guys.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by zchgla
well sorry if i miss interpreted his post, but above is what he said...he said hook up long tubes to stock exhaust, not y pipe...next time be more specific if you need help.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

well sorry if i miss interpreted his post, but above is what he said...he said hook up long tubes to stock exhaust, not y pipe...next time be more specific if you need help.
He also didn't mention changing the Y pipe. Please don't jump to conclusions.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Is the stock Y-pipe not part of the stock exhaust?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Retired Street Racer

well, for your information geniuses, a lot of people put headers and ory on their "stock exhaust"...he should know that he cannot put headers on a stock y pipe...if you all don't, you should sell your cars and buy ricers
Old 11-07-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone want to buy a 99 SS? Will trade for 95+ civic.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

whoa buddy whats goin on there with that post?
Old 11-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
whoa buddy whats goin on there with that post?
haha, newbs amuse me...just a little venting, that's all
Old 11-07-2004, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

he is kidding bout that whole 95 civic deal right?...i will trade a 95 for an SS lol...without question lol
Old 11-08-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

I'll trade you a 96 civic vtec for an SS.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

haha, newbs amuse me...just a little venting, that's all
He has been here longer than you. Maybe he meant he wanted to cut the ypipe and put a flange on it to bolt to the headers or something. Chill out with the newb comments, we aren't playing an online video game.

huk ^^;; (O'.')--O O-('.'Q)
Old 11-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Keenov
He has been here longer than you. Maybe he meant he wanted to cut the ypipe and put a flange on it to bolt to the headers or something. Chill out with the newb comments, we aren't playing an online video game.

huk ^^;; (O'.')--O O-('.'Q)
i don't want this thread to turn into a flaming war, but i have been modding f-bodys a lot longer than you son, with my current z28 running an 11.0 before even hitting the n2o, and the reason it says march 04 is that is when i started a new f-body project and a new username, so you can cut all the he was there before bullshit...all i am saying is that the guy should have been more specific when it came to his stock exhaust because there is many parts to the stock exhaust, i.e. manifolds, y pipe, cats, muffler, and I pipe...next time be more specific.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

i don't want this thread to turn into a flaming war, but i have been modding f-bodys a lot longer than you son, with my current z28 running an 11.0 before even hitting the n2o, and the reason it says march 04 is that is when i started a new f-body project and a new username, so you can cut all the he was there before bullshit...all i am saying is that the guy should have been more specific when it came to his stock exhaust because there is many parts to the stock exhaust, i.e. manifolds, y pipe, cats, muffler, and I pipe...next time be more specific.
No offense but he never said stock muffler he said stock exhaust. The Exhaust is everything from the manifolds back. Just because you misinterpreted him is no excuse to yell at everybody. I agree he could have worded it better but you could have just said "Sorry I thought you were talking about something else".
Old 11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Retired Street Racer

I did not yell, you need to take a step back, and watch what you say...if i had yelled, you would have known about it
Old 11-08-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

Like I said I'm not trying to threaten you man. Just calm down and take a little criticism. It's hard enough for newbies to work up the courage to ask a question here without being called an idiot. There was a more mature way to handle the situation than saying well, for your information geniuses, a lot of people put headers and ory on their "stock exhaust"...he should know that he cannot put headers on a stock y pipe...if you all don't, you should sell your cars and buy ricers. It just seems kinda hostile. His question was answered and there was no need to take it any further.

This is the last I have to say in this thread.