Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed my bullet muffler today

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed my bullet muffler today

well i installed my dynomaxx 18in bullet muffler today in my i-pipe of my borla to get rid of the rasp sound. well i can say it got rid of all the rasp but it did quitein up alot. not near as loud as it use to be. i like my stuff loud but maybe this will grow on me. ill give it a few weeks and see what happens if not ill take it back out. it still sounds mean at wot though. and to let you guys now what im running. pacesseter LT, TSP off road pipe, borla cat back.
what are some of you exprence with this muffler?
Eddie
Old 11-05-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by silverZ98
well i installed my dynomaxx 18in bullet muffler today in my i-pipe of my borla to get rid of the rasp sound. well i can say it got rid of all the rasp but it did quitein up alot. not near as loud as it use to be. i like my stuff loud but maybe this will grow on me. ill give it a few weeks and see what happens if not ill take it back out. it still sounds mean at wot though. and to let you guys now what im running. pacesseter LT, TSP off road pipe, borla cat back.
what are some of you exprence with this muffler?
Eddie
hey man all i am running is shorties, partially gutted cats and a single bullet! i love the way it sounds. i was running true duals over the axle with the bullets but my parents told me to take them off so i just took the y pipe route and i still love it. hope this helps any.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

did the muffler get any louder over time? i like the way it sounds but i miss the loudness it was. it still loud at wot runs. it got a deeper tone to it know at idel and not as loud. like i said it new and i guess i got to give it some time to see if i can adjust to it.
Eddie
Old 11-05-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by silverZ98
did the muffler get any louder over time? i like the way it sounds but i miss the loudness it was. it still loud at wot runs. it got a deeper tone to it know at idel and not as loud. like i said it new and i guess i got to give it some time to see if i can adjust to it.
Eddie
it got a lil louder but not very much.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:25 AM
TECH Resident

Are you running the Borla wide open, partially closed or fully closed? My old set-up was Grotyohann LTs, Grotyohann 3 inch y-pipe, 3 inch slip fit Random Tech cats and an adjustable Borla catback. The Borla was ok but it was really heavy in my opinion and I don't think it sounded that great to be honest. I eventually pulled the muffler and tailpipes off the car for two reasons: 1) weight- that Borla muffler, tailpipes, and tips were EXTREMELY HEAVY and 2) sound- the car actually sounded better with just the cats, y-pipe, intermediate pipe and the over-the-axle pipe.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:29 AM
10 Second Club

i know that you mean 14unv, i wana run a dual set up sometime when i can figure out how to get around my track pack with out takeing up to much room. iv had my borla on the car 6 years now. ill fugure something out one day lol
Eddie