Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Radiator Porblems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Radiator Porblems?

Just wondering if anyone else had problems with their SLP Radiator leaking? I've been finding coolant under the car from time to time. Not a lot, just a spot here or there. Not enough to be a cooling problem so I've just been tightening the hose clamps & watching it.

But now I have this sludge on my overflow dipstick tube, so I was out trying to figure out what it is, looking at all the levels - oil, tranny fluid, power steering fluid. It smells like it a mix of tranny fluid & coolant. So I pressurized the system to 17lbs with my coolant system checker & unplugged the top tranny cooler line. Sure enough, coolant starts running down the radiator & forming under the car.

But here's the kicker, it's NOT coming from the tranny cooler fitting. It's coming from this black plastic cap just under the tranny cooler fitting. I thought that was for the fluid level sensor my car doesn't use, but there is one on the driver's side too, so maybe it's for an oil cooler upgrade I didn't get. Anyway, I'm thinking if water is leaking out of that, maybe I have a defective radiator & tranny fluid is leaking into the radiator from the tranny cooler section. (since trans line pressure is MUCH higher than coolant pressure)

Anyone ever have or hear of this problem?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody huh? Well, I sent an email into SLP....we'lll see what they think.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does that sensor hole have a plug? If so, I'd pull it out and re seal it.