Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle with TB - Next step?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High Idle with TB - Next step?

Just got my ported TB put in - trying to figure out what is causing it to idle around 1200 in gear, but normal (600) in PARK. Did some searches and have followed advice : I've driven the car over 50 miles, and did the idle relearn procedure. No dice.

My question is this - if my idle is fine in PARK, but way up when in DRIVE, I'm assuming I can rule out both the "hole in blade too big" issue, as well as the "overported" under the blade problem, as it seems the idle would be high all the time if either were the cause.

My next guess, based on my searches would be that the blade is "sticking". Does that make sense? Just want to verify my logic so that when the vendor calls me back I will be more knowledgeable. (or maybe fix it tonite myself!)

Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try pulling the tb off the car and open the blade all the way and let it snap closed. Do it a few times. Then open it all the way, and slowly close it. See if it sticks at all, if it does then just get a torx set screwdriver and take out the blade, clean it off, and reinstall it. just re-seating it sometimes does the trick. make sure to wipe down the surface the blade seals to with denatured alcohol to make sure there are no loose particles making it catch.