Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter problem

I installed another set of pacesetters this weekend and i have two troubling issues....after spending several hours getting the headers installed and bolted up I put the O2 sensors in, and to my surprise one sensor didnt go into the header because the hole was poorly tapped. So i had to take the passenger side header back off the car!! and get it exchanged...luckily i live right down the road from TSP, Jason was a standup guy as usual and had no problems exhanging. It took entirely way to long for a header install and wasted alot of my time. I guess its partly my fault for not checking to see if the O2's would fit but still, you would think pacesetter would check these things before selling a FINAL product. Has anyone had any issues similar to this or did i just get a fluke set?

Another problem is that the EGR and AIR tubes are not threaded either...how hard is it to thread a couple holes for the stock bolts to go back into, its such a mess having to hold backup when putting all the tubes back on with the nuts and bolts that are sent with the headers.

Dont get me wrong, i like pacesetter and the clearance and performance they give for the money, but its all about selling a final product...one that you should trust to fit without having to check for problems.

THE CAR SOUNDS GOOD THOUGH!!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my second set of Pacesetters, the hole on the passenger header was tapped correctly. But the opening was almost too small for the head of the O2 sensor to fit. It sorta squished the sensor a bit on the way in.

That's just my .02. Overall, I've loved my Pacesetters.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I too hate the fact that the emmissions provisions aren't threaded. When my headers arrived one of the collectors was almost oval in shape and it took quite a bit of persuasion with a big fu$#ing rubber hammer to put it back to it's original round shape. The box was not damaged either so I'm assuming that the problem was with Pace Setter. What I hated the most was the ORY. Asides from it being complete crap, it didn't mate up with my Borla catback......something that other board members have also complained about.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:47 AM
Launching!

Check your box.... my Pacesetters came with a package of pretty nice hardware to hook up the emissions stuff (or blockoff plates). There were six bolts, nuts, washers and lock washers. I was mad too originally... I was trying to put the stuff together at various hardware stores when I went back, searched found the provided fasteners.