Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Few Question to be Safe.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 05:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A Few Question to be Safe.

Okay, I have searched and seached and seen & printed out tons of pics, BUT I want to make sure of a few things.

It is possible to go with 2.5inch True Duals over the axel without the panhard bar relocation kit with no problems...right?

Is the sound/clearence any better when you go over the same side vs. opposite sides? What do you suggest.

How do I get the best ground clearence?

Most importantly, is there anything in particular that I need to tell the guy doing my exhaust work. Is there anything specific that I need to check before/after I get it done (stuff that may not be obvious)?

I hate letting anyone touch my car besides me, so I am kind of scared about the whole process and I just want to make sure I know what to do.

Thanks for your replies ahead of time!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:48 AM
9 Second Club

The one person I know that does that is lane. From thew dallas area. Lanesperformance.com
Old 11-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SteelBallz
It is possible to go with 2.5inch True Duals over the axel without the panhard bar relocation kit with no problems...right?
i had my 2.5 over axle duals put on in the spring of 2003, no problems with the PHB. i just had my spohn adj. PHB put on this summer, no problems.

Is the sound/clearence any better when you go over the same side vs. opposite sides? What do you suggest.
i dont think the clearence will make much of a difference. my lowes point is at the X. i have about 4 inches of ground clearence. not sure about the sound...probably not any noticable difference.

How do I get the best ground clearence?
have somebody that is really good at customizing exhaust do it

Most importantly, is there anything in particular that I need to tell the guy doing my exhaust work. Is there anything specific that I need to check before/after I get it done (stuff that may not be obvious)?
make sure the tips are even, the exhaust pipes hanging sturdy, the pipes aren't touching any brake or fuel lines (i used some heat resistant tape over lines and wires that were close to the pipes), and if welded- welds look good
Good luck
Old 11-14-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a friend who did an experimental set of custom-made, O.T.A. duals on a trans am. it came out INCREDIBLE!

2.5" all the way back, X-pipe into 18" "sweet thunder" bullet-mufflers. the lowest thing on the car is the trans pan (deep pan, not stock) the ground clearance is GREAT! people are starting to figure out how to make dual setups really work on our cars.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Thanks for all your help!

If anyone has anything else to add, it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all your help!

If anyone has anything else to add, it would be greatly appreciated!
There are pics of this setup at www.ls1sounds.com..
Old 11-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
There are pics of this setup at www.ls1sounds.com..
As I said earlier, I have plenty of pics...

I was just wanting a couple of different people to answer my questions so that I can be prepared when I go to the exhaust shop this weekend.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Launching!

bumb!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Launching!

I am going to try to get my ture duals put on this weekend, so any infomation that anyone else can provide before then would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Anybody?
Old 11-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Exclamation Help!

Why is it so hard to get some answers around here... It seems like plenty of people have true duals...

Come on guys I have less than 48 hours before I get my true duals and I want to be sure of what I am doing.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what else you are looking for that hasn't already been answered. I don't have true duals yet but have been looking into the same setup that you described. The way I see it, running both pipes from the X side by side under the passenger side tunnel is the way to go out back. My problem is I don't want to run bullets and there isn't a lot of room for muffler choices. Your exhaust guy should be able to figure out most issues if he has any talent at all. Has he seen your car yet to know what he's getting involved in?