Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From headers to exaust tip what do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From headers to exaust tip what do I need?

Hey everybody just bought my first 99 ls1 camaro yesterday.I'm a previous third gen owner.My car is bone stock.I've been reading up about exaust and seem to want pace setter lt's and of couse a y pipe. do I need to also buy new cats and a cat back system.I live in santa barbara ca so I will probably have to keep the cats.Any info is appreciated
Old 11-14-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

You might want to check with the regulations in Kali. They are very strict on items such as longtubes. It's a federal crime to remove a functioning cat and replace it with something else. More than likely if you get the headers you will have to remove them for the yearly inspection and put on the stock manifolds to pass. To get the most power out of the headers you will need a better flowing catback than your stock one. I would suggest going with the TSP Catted Y pipe along with your Pacesetter headers. The catback is up to you as everyone has their personal preference. HTH
Old 11-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Launching!

You need to make sure the headers have a C.A.R.B EO number. That means they are legal in Cali.

Don't live there anymore, so not sure if there are cali legal headers. If you can find a set that is, just get a catted Y pipe, and get a good tune, you should be able to pass inspection. You might want to post this in the Cali section of this board too.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Teching In

thankx for the info guys.There an ls1 owner down the street from me.I might go talk to him and see what he has done.I know its not stock cause i here it start every day.