Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Maf? will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS6 Maf? will it work?

I was planning on either polishing out my MAF sensor or changing it.. Is it possible to use an LS6 Delphi Stock MAF sensor for a corvette? I will have an LS6 intake.. and i'm planning on getting a Shaner TB(S3 or the new Billet).. Is it better to leave my MAF alone? Anyone tried the LS6 MAF? Let me know what you think or if it even works! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2004, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine from Speed Inc. It's callibrated to work with the Camaro/TA. I changed mine at the same time I installed the ported tb, ported ls6 intake, pulley and partial edit... I noticed a nice gain but not sure if you would notice a gain with just the MAF.. But from what I am told this is the easiest meter to tune with vs the other meters. And for $150, every little bit helps..
Old 11-16-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLU02Z
I got mine from Speed Inc. It's callibrated to work with the Camaro/TA. I changed mine at the same time I installed the ported tb, ported ls6 intake, pulley and partial edit... I noticed a nice gain but not sure if you would notice a gain with just the MAF.. But from what I am told this is the easiest meter to tune with vs the other meters. And for $150, every little bit helps..
How do the MAf's get calibrated? Through an LS1 edit tune? Or do they calibrate them before they send them to you? I might go with grenatelli.. I dunno how good they are.. but i heard good things about them.. but i've also heard not to touch our MAFs.. Any other opinions?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is calibrated before it is sent to you. The one I got from speed inc. is the granatelli (delphi) z06 conversion. This one is easier to tune with, if you do end up tuning your car.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyone i know with a 2000 has problems with a maf. dont know if its something in their computers or not but i sold mine to my friend wiht a 98 and just got ported ends with the money i got from that. unless you have bigger cubes and a matching larger intake i wouldnt get a larger MAF. 75mm MAF and 78mm Tb they are close. no real need to get an 85 mm MAF with a 78 mm TB. now if u have a 90 mm intake/TB combo i would see it being worth it more. but thats just what i think. maybe cause i had bad luck with mine. just dont go to slp they are no help