Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Need help**Heater Hose control valve???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Need help**Heater Hose control valve???

My question is concerning a 96 Camaro 3.8 liter.
The heater hose came apart at some sort of restrictor or control valve that is contained within the hose. It's some sort of plastic piece with a spring in it. Will everything be okay if I bypass it? The reason I ask is that in order to fix it GM makes you buy the entire heater hose kit.

Any ideas? My plan was to bypass it but didnt want to screw anything up.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its what i think it is, it might be the valve that controls the coolant fow through the firewall, giving you heat. but im not too sure. if u bypass taht u will always have heat.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not running one. But I removed it at the same time that I took out a v6 and put in a v8. I'm getting heat all the time in the car after the swap. I'm going to splice it back in to the v8 line conversion I did. (I retained the v6 metal lines and just added rubber lines to mate to the water pump, ditching the restrictor in the meantime.) Hopefully that will fix my constant heat situation.

I just have to figure out which way it goes. It has an arrow on it, but I don't know which way the water is flowing through the line...