Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LOUDMOUTH vs FLOWMASTER

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LOUDMOUTH vs FLOWMASTER

I have the shitty FLOWMASTER on my car and i have been wanting to get SLP loudmouth for my Z28. i especially want them now that i raced a WS6 yesterday. That exhaust sounds pretty tight 2 me. The question is those that have SLP LOUDMOUT, how is the performance gain and how do u like it. Thanks alot guys i appreciate it
Old 11-16-2004, 12:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

i had it on my old formy ws6 a4, stock manifolds. pretty nice exhaust if you don't plan on headers. if you do, look elsewhere, that **** will get LOUD. flowmaster is pretty shitty from a performance standpoint, you might want to look into a cutout for racing purposes. corsa, and gmmg are quite nice catbacks. pricey, but nice. gmmg is the nicer of the two IMHO.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

i just had mine installed and love it. it sounds just like i want it to. i went froma magnaflow to a loudmouth and there is a big difference in sound.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:43 AM
FormerVendor

flowmaster sounds great with headers...but has virtually no gains in hp....my car gained 12 hp from a cutout on the dyno

loudmouth gives you more gains...but is really loud and obnoxious with headers

www.ls1sounds.com
Old 11-16-2004, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

I couldn't tell sotp feeling but I would think it helps as more mods are added. Its was somewhat loud on stock manifolds. I liked the sound like that. After headers were installed, its extremely loud on the outside of the car. It sounds even better and who wants a quiet muscle car (unless cops are around).
Old 11-16-2004, 03:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i love it and its only gonna get better with my headers and catted Y.

heres a clip minus the cam

http://www.members.shaw.ca/asingh82/Amitvidpoco.mpeg
Old 11-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Launching!

i also loved the LM when i had it. i got LTs and took off my cats, so i ditched it for true duals. it sounds horrible with long tubes and no cats. loud is good, but not when its metallic and raspy sounding
Old 11-16-2004, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

Talking

I drove a car with factory manifold/cats and a loud mouth when I first started looking to buy an F-body. It was pretty loud. I liked it.
But, I have always liked flowmaster mufflers. I have had them on every V-8 vehicle I have owned. I have a 2-chamber on my SS now with empty cats and stock manifolds. It is about the same loudness as a LM now. But I think it has a more tuned sound than the car test drove. As in the LM was kind raspy, hollow sounding and my Flow has a deeper rumble/roar. For lack of a better explination.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I think if you are going to get headers, stick with the Flowmasters an get a $30 cutout It sounds very good with headers and when you need the performance, just open the cutout.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

headers and esp. ORY you will get really sick rasp from the loud mouth. loud mouth sounds good at idle sometimes and at WOT but thats about it. i was going back and forth on what to get myself and decided on GMMG. lot more money but way worth it. flowmaster rumble (but deeper and better) a hell of a lot louder than the flowmaster with the LT's and no cats. i plan on doin a cam soon and that should sound really nasty. just remember u wont be at WOT with the loudmouth all the time and it will end up annoying you. im 20 and my friend that has it is 19 and it aggrivates us when we drive it most of the time. getting used to it but it doesnt sound good at about 2000-2500 at all

Quick Reply: SLP LOUDMOUTH vs FLOWMASTER