Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People who have had bullet muffler based duals for awhile.. inside please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default People who have had bullet muffler based duals for awhile.. inside please!

Hey guys, I have a true dual setup on my car now, and I have an H pipe with flowmasters dumped before the axle. I absolutely LOVE the sound and wouldn't trade it for anything. Except now it looks like I have to. I have a 9" Moser in my car, and I just picked up a BMR torque arm. The torque arm mount is trying to occupy the same space that the muffler on the drivers side is. I really dont have any room to move the muffler, and I am considering replacing them with bullets. However, I don't want my car to be obnoxious. I'm the only one that drives my car and I don't give a **** what my passengers think, however I don't want to drive myself insane. For you guys who have had dumps with bullets for awhile, what are your opinions? Thanks!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

My friend has had them only for a week and he allready is annoyed because of how loud it is. But thats him I love them.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Go to www.ls1sounds.com and check out some sounds.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
Go to www.ls1sounds.com and check out some sounds.

Computer speakers are not an adequate gauge of how well a system will sound
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

My honest opinion is it is loud as hell. (TSP TD's) But people differ so much in their tolerances/opinions. Me, when I drive my car I want it to be loud and annoying. I only drive it for recreation. I have put approx 500 miles on my TD's & people are always looking at my car as it goes by. I can keep it bearable with just the right amount of throttle. To do this I have to accelerate slowly. On the highway about 75-80 (M6) any lower and it rattles my beer can, loose change, it's kind of an incredible drone. Any faster and it just gets LOUD. Here is an example, I left my house the other day and hit the hwy 4 miles away. It's a curvy rd. to the hwy so I don't know the straight line distance. Anyway when I hit the hwy I let her rip for 3 gears. When I returned a couple of friends that were at my house said they heard me run it up to 3rd. I was elated but to others this may be disgusting? Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:26 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which TQ arm? Standard Tailshaft Mounted (long) or Extreme Tunnel Brace Mounted(short)?
Old 11-18-2004, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bullets are LOUD... I don't care what your preference is, those things are freakin loud.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's all opinion. I am a person who is beginning to think my open headers is too quiet

I think bullet mufflers are fine. They are loud yes, but not kill yourself loud. Do you have the 10 series flowmasters? I hear that those are damn loud. I havent heard them in person but I am willing to bet that bullet mufflers won't be much louder than those.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by code4
any lower and it rattles my beer can, loose change, it's kind of an incredible drone.
Hahahaha, tell me I'm not the only one that saw this
Old 11-19-2004, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

My TD's w/ bullets dumped are quieter than my previous setup of longtubes and open cutout. Couldn't believe how much quieter it got. I was driving around w/ open cutout for two months and got accustomed to not having conversations w/ my passengers while on the throttle. Now w/ the bullets dumped I can leave the windows down and have a nice talk w/ my passengers no problem.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

You could always try the Sweet-Thunder Chambered Mufflers!
Old 11-19-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mcduffys
You could always try the Sweet-Thunder Chambered Mufflers!

Sweet-Thunder True Duals
Old 11-19-2004, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Which TQ arm? Standard Tailshaft Mounted (long) or Extreme Tunnel Brace Mounted(short)?

Standard tailshaft mounted BMR non adjustable!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:23 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamTom12
Hahahaha, tell me I'm not the only one that saw this
If you are refering to the beer can. In the beautiful state of Montana you can drink and drive. Just can't be drunk. I love this state.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Mike, you have any pics of the Flows dumped? I'm very surprised that there isn't room to move them. Maybe try some Spintech mufflers. Little less resonance, and a lot smaller! For that matter, you can probably tuck them back under the bumper, with 4x6 mufflers there's enough room to do that if you wanna run them out the back again. The muffler would almost entirely be covered by the bumper cover. I have a set of them lying around right now if you wanna play with them and test fit. They should get you the clearance you need if you dump them, and they'll be a lot quieter than bullets.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
It's all opinion. I am a person who is beginning to think my open headers is too quiet

I think bullet mufflers are fine. They are loud yes, but not kill yourself loud. Do you have the 10 series flowmasters? I hear that those are damn loud. I havent heard them in person but I am willing to bet that bullet mufflers won't be much louder than those.
Well, I guess you could always run open heads

Sorry, bad joke.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

i have hooker lt's, Lanes True Duals, xpipe with twister (moroso spiral flow) mufflers which terminate before the rear axle, and i love it. not too loud at idle, but noticable...i get a few looks here and there at a light. but at any amount of throttle, its awesome. sounds like a raped ape. there is no comparison. i cant wait until tomorrow after the cam is in and i have a nice lope and yes, it does rattle the change and my soda can when im on the highway, but its worth it.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Launching!

do the borla xr1 its much more quiet than the bullet but provides no restriction as well...not to mention it sounds great and still makes your car sound mean
Old 11-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by code4
My honest opinion is it is loud as hell. (TSP TD's) But people differ so much in their tolerances/opinions. Me, when I drive my car I want it to be loud and annoying. I only drive it for recreation. I have put approx 500 miles on my TD's & people are always looking at my car as it goes by. I can keep it bearable with just the right amount of throttle. To do this I have to accelerate slowly. On the highway about 75-80 (M6) any lower and it rattles my beer can, loose change, it's kind of an incredible drone. Any faster and it just gets LOUD. Here is an example, I left my house the other day and hit the hwy 4 miles away. It's a curvy rd. to the hwy so I don't know the straight line distance. Anyway when I hit the hwy I let her rip for 3 gears. When I returned a couple of friends that were at my house said they heard me run it up to 3rd. I was elated but to others this may be disgusting? Hope this helps.
hell ya i'm like ya...esp on the beer can rattle and over 80 too loud. its funny because when im going to my friends apartments they say they hear me way before i even pull into the apts.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya know, highway rattle isn't THAT big of a deal with TD's. I go from Gainesville to Orlando (120 mi) often to see the folks and have the windows down. The wind from the windows being down completely drains out the hated drone of duals with bullets...and my music completely drains out the wind from the windows.