Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLZ help TB P/P ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PLZ help TB P/P ?????

Hey all! I will be doing the TB P/P the day after next. I have done lots of research on this and I know what to look out for but I still have a few ?'s.

Here are my references
TB P/P 1
TB P/P 2

My questions are.
1) How many, where, and what SIZE holes do you need to drill?
2) Why is the trottle blade on the second link flat where u can't see the shaft? The shaft is behind it. Is this because it's an older version? Or did they do somthing to the shaft of that TB?

THX for all the help guys!
Old 11-21-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

Ttt.....
Old 11-21-2004, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

That how-to @ ls1camaro.net is great, I got started that way. He removed the throttle cam and the shaft(which can be done w/a hammer lightly once you remove the blade) and cut off the front portion of the shaft. It helps improve airflow at partial throttle.

What are you using to port it? Hit me up on AIM @ 'arctic silence" if you would like to talk about it more.

You can also check out my post which shows two throttle bodies I've done in different stages. 1 is ported/polished, 1 was just partially ported. I can get you pics of what that second one looks like now that I have it fully ported if you'd like it for reference, I haven't polished it yet. Let me know!!

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 11-22-2004 at 12:04 AM.