Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part No for 1998 LS1 Waterpump?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Part No for 1998 LS1 Waterpump?

Hi

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to tell me the part number for the waterpump from a 1998 LS1 please?

Aparently this waterpump had the large main pulley bolted on and could be removed, unlike the current waterpumps fitted to LS1 and LS2's. The reason for my question is that I simply can not take the pulley in question off and I need to have it chromed. The only hope I had is that I thought if the waterpumps fitted to the 1998 models had a removeable one I could do so. The current model ones have a large metal bolt/pin straight through the middle of them but no where for them to unscrew etc etc and according to GM they are not a serviceable item (only the rubber O-ring is)

If I am incorrect, or someone knows a way to remove this particular pulley please let me know as it's causing me numerous large sized headaches as I keep hitting over here trying to find someone that knows how to do it.

If you have any other information like other brands that do etc etc please let me know.

Thanks kindly for your time

Last edited by Thunder down under; 11-23-2004 at 02:58 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

How Aboutan Electric Water Pump? They Come Polished Or Anodized. Meziere Makes Them, But Sure Are Proud Of 'em- The Price Is About $569 At The Sponsors Listed Over There ====>