Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 TA header installation...02 extensions

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 TA header installation...02 extensions

I am working on a 1999 TA and am almost finished with my header installation and called it quits for the night. When I was hooking up my o2 on the passenger side header, I noticed that it would not reach. So I know I need a 02 extension for the drivers side header, I know that. I haven't really taken a look at the passenger side yet. I got frustrated and gave up...for now.

My question is...do I also need to by an 02 extension for the passenger side header on a '99 model? Thanks!
Old 11-24-2004, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XtrmLS1spd
I am working on a 1999 TA and am almost finished with my header installation and called it quits for the night. When I was hooking up my o2 on the passenger side header, I noticed that it would not reach. So I know I need a 02 extension for the drivers side header, I know that. I haven't really taken a look at the passenger side yet. I got frustrated and gave up...for now.

My question is...do I also need to by an 02 extension for the passenger side header on a '99 model? Thanks!

Passenger is closer but you will an externsion for both sides.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Banned

Thanks...anyone else?

I would also like to say that the 1998 model is a pain in the butt compared to the 2000 and later models. I had to take off everyhting just to get to things. But when I worked on my buddy's 2001, it was much easier looking back on it.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't matter what year LS1 Fbody you have. You will need extensions for both sides, depending on the header. Normally it is 24" on the drivers side and 12" on the passanger. I just got both 24" and it worked fine.

Thanks...anyone else?

I would also like to say that the 1998 model is a pain in the butt compared to the 2000 and later models. I had to take off everyhting just to get to things. But when I worked on my buddy's 2001, it was much easier looking back on it.
My car is a 98 and installation was a breeze. Installation varies on headers, not the year of the cars. I have installed multiple pacesetters(new ones) on different year F-bodies and they went on like a glove for each year.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're gonna need to get O2 extensions no matter what.. Unless you're gonna try that ghetto splicing kit that comes with most headers.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Banned

Keenov and Z28...you do not have to have 02 extensions no matter what. One of my best friends has a 2001 Firehawk, also running hooker lt's. We did not have to have the extensions for his car. Also, we did not have to take the passenger side coil pack off to get to his last header bolt, as we did with mine. And you could not get it form the bottom on mine, as we did with his. On the 98's and 99's, it's much harder to get to to things.

Thanks fior the help guys.