Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions wanted for upcoming setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions wanted for upcoming setup

Just recently i got my 2000 ws6 (about 6 months ago) money's been too tight lately to get my exhaust but ill be getting it soon. ive been reading posts daily on this site for the past few months and have come to this conclusion, i want tsp duals. the catch is i have to run cats right now and i havent found too many posts about this and i just was wondering about the fitment and possible disadvantages to this. more specifically, heres a list of what i currently plan on getting

Kooks Stainless LTs
RT metallic cats
TSP x-pipe setup, side exit, not dumped

any opinions would be appreciated guys, thanks
Old 11-25-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2kpewterws6
Just recently i got my 2000 ws6 (about 6 months ago) money's been too tight lately to get my exhaust but ill be getting it soon. ive been reading posts daily on this site for the past few months and have come to this conclusion, i want tsp duals. the catch is i have to run cats right now and i havent found too many posts about this and i just was wondering about the fitment and possible disadvantages to this. more specifically, heres a list of what i currently plan on getting

Kooks Stainless LTs
RT metallic cats

To be honest.. if you're gonna cut the TSP setup like that.. To add cats and side exits. You'd be better off having a custom setup done. It would be a lot cheaper.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am right now getting pieces together to do my duals, and personally, I dont see the appeal in TSP's set-up. Or the difficulty in having it fabricated. Also, you lose a decent amount of clearance and have to remove the tunnel brace. I would say, buy a magnaflow X, and have the X run between the tunnel brace and body, run the mufflers of your choice side by side as far up in the tunnel as possible and then split into side exits. I think it would be alot cheaper, especially as TSP's duals are made to dump right before the axle.

Beat me by 3 mins Z28venom lol BTW your car is sweet!! the vid of your car is pretty nice as well.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:21 AM
Teching In

haha dont know why i havent thought about going custom with it, i guess just with of all the options out there to consider i forgot custom was a possiblitity. thanks for the responses guys, definitely the more insight the better.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2kpewterws6

Kooks Stainless LTs
RT metallic cats

I too vote for having it custom made.
Other than that, sounds like a good plan!