Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Adjustable Catback

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Borla Adjustable Catback

I am looking into getting the Borla adjustable catback system for my 2001 SS. I have priced them new, and then seen them listed on here, and for the money difference I would rather go with a nice used setup. My question is, how much difference is there between the LT1 system and the LS1 system? If I did find an LT1 system for a good deal would it work or be hard to make it work?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe the only difference is the length of the I-pipe which can easily be fixed at any muffler shop. I also could be totally wrong but I know there is little if any difference.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FatZ28
I believe the only difference is the length of the I-pipe which can easily be fixed at any muffler shop. I also could be totally wrong but I know there is little if any difference.
If that is the only difference it wouldn't be a problem. I am planning on removing my cutout, which is on my I-pipe, when I get the Borla setup. I'm gonna have to get a new piece welded in for the I-pipe anyways. Anybody concur with FatZ28?