Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG and only grott style headers?

Old 12-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMMG and only grott style headers?

it has been said before that grott style headers should be used on the gmmg exhaust? why? I can get a really good deal on a set of stainless works headers but they aren't grott... so whats the difference if I go with that or a set of kooks that is? especially in terms of sound
Old 12-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grott style headers just refer to how the pipes are run...if I'm not mistaken, Kooks and QTP are both Grott-style headers (I have the Kooks). After seeing a pic of the Stainless Works headers as well, I'd say they are the same design too.

There is no reason why you'd HAVE to have Grott style headers. Yes, the sound will be different (slightly) between headers, but it isn't going to make a huge difference.

FWIW though, there are a few people on here that run Kooks LTs, catted-y, and GMMG and absolutely love the sound.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Launching!

thanks meentss02 for the reply...would you or anyone else on this board know anything about the quality and fitment of stainless works headers? summit sells them and for a good price I might add...comes with headers, and stainless catted y pipe
Old 12-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've seen, they fit very well. I think one person had to grind his k-member, but everyone else didn't have any issues. I don't think you would be doing wrong by getting them. I would personally recommend Kooks since that is what I have...they went in with NO issues AT ALL. Then again, not everyone has that kinda money to toss at headers, but you really get what you pay for in fit and finish when it comes to headers. Talk to Black02SS on here and ask him...he's had Mac mid-lengths, Flowtech LTs, tried Edelbrocks (driver's side wouldn't fit), and is now going to get a set of Kooks.

Do it once, do it right...what you don't pay now, you will usually pay later.

Steve
Old 12-07-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Do it once, do it right...what you don't pay now, you will usually pay later.

Steve
well said !!

I just got Kooks SS LTs + Catted Y installed and, along with my GMMG, it sounds incredible!!!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've got SS Kooks/Kooks ORY and I'm going to be going with the GMMG as well. Its an expensive exhaust setup, but like its been said, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the kooks lt's,catted y, gmmg. Its awsome. I was recently at a local dyno day with mainly fbodies. All the cars sounded mean but i wouldnt trade with any of them. it deap loud(atwot) and very "smooth". If i had to do it again, i wouldnt change a thing

Search this Thread