Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Header ?s

Old 12-07-2004, 05:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP Header ?s

I was considering buying a set of QTP headers and their ORY with no cats. Was wondering if anyone here has these and if they have had any problems with them. I feel like they are a good quality peice but just wanted to make sure before I purchase. Thanks In Advance.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up QTPs are top notch!

QTP LTs, although pricey, are one of the top rated LT Headers for our cars! I've seen'em in person. The quality is top-notch

I went with Kooks because I got a better deal. Otherwise, they're both equally rated. I'm sure you will not be disappointed with QTPs!

Finally, I've read that QTPs have slightly better collectors

What seperated QTP and Kooks from others is quality, finish, fitment, and Stainless Steel [ as opposed to Mild Steel ]. All headers, from what I've read therefore no personal experience/observation, are same performance wise!

Hope that helped!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

I was wanting them because they are S.S. and I do not want to cut on my car to get some headers to fit....
Old 12-07-2004, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Hey, if you have anymore questions you can give me a call over at QTP, 9-6 everyday
Old 12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownGTX
Finally, I've read that QTPs have slightly better collectors
They have two different models. There is a standard one and a "high velocity" one.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

I have them on my 99z28 there great no problems. the velocity y were they merge is huge. also if you have to pay someone to install them it will be less $.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Friend of mine has them, installed them himself with no problem and the sound awesome, you will not regret QTPs one bit.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ken@QTP
Hey, if you have anymore questions you can give me a call over at QTP, 9-6 everyday
I might be calling very shortly, beacuse I was wanting to get some before the 23rd if you know what I mean...

Thanks for all the responses. Dave
Old 12-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

I have these on my car as well and they were well worth the money. Give Barry a call and he will set you up right.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:56 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed some QTP HVM LT's on my car about 2 months ago. The install was very easy. Car's finally getting dynoed this week *crosses fingers* (it's been down for the past month for other repairs).

Can't say the Y-pipe was easy to install (I go the dual elect. cutout Y). Definately have an exhaust shop set up the Y if you're having trouble with it (it has quite a few components which conspire to do everything but go where
you want them to go- it's hard to align the Y without the car up on a lift).

Theoretically, it should be one of the free-est flowing Y pipes on the market given its design.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

QTPs are awesome..
I love mine....

I had a set of other headers before...i sold them for the QTPs and never looked back!

The things that sold me over to the QTPs was the stainless steel, the available options[HVM(high velocity merges), Real Merge collector on the Y pipe, the QTEC cutout, and so on] i got the whole package
Old 12-08-2004, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Get them, great quality, performance and service...QTPs ROCK!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Question

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I installed some QTP HVM LT's on my car about 2 months ago. The install was very easy. Car's finally getting dynoed this week *crosses fingers* (it's been down for the past month for other repairs).
Any results and pics of the headers?

I'm curious if the HVM (High Velocity Merge Collectors) are worth anything. From looking at the pics of the collectors on QTP's site it looks like the collectors only go down to 2.5" at the merge and then out to 3" which I doubt would have any serious effect on power.

LG Motorsports has merge collectors on their LT Corvette Headers which go down to 2" at the merge and then to 3" and even they say it only adds 3-4hp.

I just don't see QTP's merge collector design being worth it, especially for the price of those headers.

Last edited by Cobraeater; 12-11-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:08 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone know if the TSP ypipe will work with the QTP headers? I'm not really fond on the ypipe that QTP sells, but want to go stainless steel for headers.

Worst case scenario is I have someone fabricate a ypipe to work with it.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:14 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cobraeater
Any results and pics of the headers?

I'm curious if the HVM (High Velocity Merge Collectors) are worth anything. From looking at the pics of the collectors on QTP's site it looks like the collectors only go down to 2.5" at the merge and then out to 3" which I doubt would have any serious effect on power.

LG Motorsports has merge collectors on their LT Corvette Headers which go down to 2" at the merge and then to 3" and even they say it only adds 3-4hp.

I just don't see QTP's merge collector design being worth it, especially for the price of those headers.
No dyno yet. I'll keep us posted in the dyno section.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got my qtp y-pipe in w/ cutouts. There are a lot of pieces, but hopefully that will allow me to fit it up better, than some of the single piece y-pipes. Also, the flowmaster collector is huge (4in outlet!) but i can't imagine any other ypipe flowing better than this one. SouthFL, any tips on installing the y-pipe, you said you had trouble?
Old 12-11-2004, 05:52 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^ Want my honest advice?

Take the kit to your nearest/ most competent exhaust shop. Fork over a bit of money for them to get the install right the 1st time and have them weld up the seams at the slip fit connections.

I fought with that Y-pipe for 2 evenings (with my car up on ramps) after work for a total of 8 wasted hours. I drove it, almost scraping the ground to Miami Mufflers where they took it apart again and installed it with the comfort of having the car on a lift.

Search this Thread