Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR System

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question AIR System

I'm thinking about buying HP Tuners in a couple months so I can delete the skip shift function, AIR system, do basic tuning, etc. My question is what exactly is the AIR system supposed to do? I think I've read about it before but I tried a search and couldn't find anything.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TA_WS6
I'm thinking about buying HP Tuners in a couple months so I can delete the skip shift function, AIR system, do basic tuning, etc. My question is what exactly is the AIR system supposed to do? I think I've read about it before but I tried a search and couldn't find anything.
The AIR system is for emissions. It provides fresh air through the catalytic converters on startup. Until the cats are warmed up enough to start doing their job. Basically helps clean up the exhaust when the car is initially started.

As for tuning, I don't think that you can tune out CAGS. You can do the cheap resistor mod or buy a CAGS module (I bought the module).
Old 12-09-2004, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
As for tuning, I don't think that you can tune out CAGS. You can do the cheap resistor mod or buy a CAGS module (I bought the module).
Sure you can. Its under Edit -> Transmission -> M6 C.A.G.S. Just set the Disable %TPS value to 0(zero). That way whenever the throttle is past 0%, CAGS is gone.

Helps when you have the program sittin in front of you

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 12-09-2004 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah u can tune it out, I think the skip shift light will still came on, just over look it
Old 12-10-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Cool, thanks guys. I can't wait to tune that junk out of there. It looks ugly in the engine compartment.