Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too loud

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too loud

in your opinion, would kooks LTs connected to duals that go to an x pipe and then out the back sound good. I like abnoxious, but dont mufflers deepen the sound?
Old 12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

THE LOUDER the BETTER!
Old 12-11-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by landonew
in your opinion, would kooks LTs connected to duals that go to an x pipe and then out the back sound good. I like abnoxious, but dont mufflers deepen the sound?
I have that exact setup with *cough* cats. It is extrodinarily loud, but the cleanest, deepest, meanest sound ever. You just can't match it. It is just straight intimidating, especially when the car is cammin. It is like running two straight pipes.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never heard such a setup, but I can't imagine that the bullet/chambered mufflers quiet the car down much at all. The X, combined with all that exhaust pipe to travel through, should tame it down just enough. I'd throw some sweet thunder chambered mufflers on there.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

My friend has duals out the back and its pretty loud but not obnoxious. He doesnt run cats so IMO my set up sounds better. Its deeeper and not as raspy.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trans Am WS6 RGS
My friend has duals out the back and its pretty loud but not obnoxious. He doesnt run cats so IMO my set up sounds better. Its deeeper and not as raspy.
Duals don't rasp, with or without cats. That's part of why they are so great
Old 12-12-2004, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Out the back is not loud at all. Dumps are sort of loud. My new cutouts with the trex cam is loud (as in not having a conversation in the cab loud) I LOVE IT!!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

Rip it. Do not comprimise.
I'm running Longtubes /3 inch X-pipe /3 inch pipes /Borla "Stingers" -- which are like bullets. As badass as it gets, driving under bridges, etc... sounds like a NASCAR. But it is NOT loud in the car cruising or under 1500 rpm, but when I get on it, it does sound like WAR. Which is what you want.