Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting results after welding my tsp true duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interesting results after welding my tsp true duals

Well I have had my true duals for quite some time now, and used the supplied u-clamps to hold it together. after a good 3-4 months, i finally decided to get them welded together. First thing i noticed was the sound, the leaking/hissing sound is gone (reason i got it welded) and overall it sounds much better. the second thing, and this really suprised me, was that i got 50 extra miles per tank now! keep in mind i'm still getting horrible gas mileage, it jumped from ~200 miles to ~250 miles, quite an improvement! Anyway, i just though i would share my results with everyone. I do need a tune but i want a cam so i think i'll wait...
Old 12-12-2004, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Are you sure that you had them tightened enough?

How much did it cost for you to get them welded together? May need to remember this for when I do my install.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:13 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats what i had planned to do, just use the band clamps on the collectors anad have the rest welded.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

i tightened them to the point were the metal was bent around the clamps. i'm still using the band clamps around the headers. welding only cost like 50 bucks, i'm sure you could get it done for less though.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:35 AM
TECH Addict

Those supplied clamps are crap. If you tighten them to where you don't have any leaks, then you'll bend the pipes, and have one hell of a time trying to get them off/on again. I ended up buying the stainless steel clamps that wrap around the pipe. Makes life a lot easier when you're taking off the exhaust. Doesn't it just sound bad *** at WOT?