Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put the Jet-Hot LT's in!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Put the Jet-Hot LT's in!!

Just finished my LT install. I installed the JH LT's with their catted Y-pipe. The LT's went in very nicely w/o any clearance issues. They fit awesome and don't touch anywhere. The y-pipe required some fa-negg-eling to get it to fit just right, but after we got it set, it fit perfect.

I few things that I wasnt expecting...

The holes where the air tube bolts are suppose to go arent tapped. There are suppose to be threads in those holes, but the JH's didnt have any. So I'll have to buzz up to the parts store and get some longer bolts and nuts to connect the AIR tubes. Any one else have this problem?

Only other thing that I had trouble with was the dipstick bolt. The head of the bolt was just wide enough to clip the header flange as I was tightening it down. I had to grind down the washer part of the head of the bolt so it would get by the flange on the header.

Everything else was pretty straightforward and took me about 8 hours starting from jacking up the car, until letting the car down.

I havent started it yet because I dont have my O2 extensions for the front sensors yet, and I need to run to the parts store and get my bolts/nuts for the AIR tubes....but I know it's going to sound B-A-D-A-S-S with the GMMG!!!!
Old 12-18-2004, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Emission flanges were the same on mine.. I just used longer metric bolts to hold down the block off plates...

I thought JH was shipping O2 extentions with every set of headers?...At least thats how i recieved mine...

BTW make sure you crank it up and let it idle before you install the GMMG !!
Old 12-18-2004, 05:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Jet Hots and the GMMG. It will sound mean when you get on it, but not too mean sicne you have cats.

Add a cam and loose the cats and you have a different car....
Old 12-18-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

No I called JH and asked em about the extensions and they said that they dont come with them, and I didnt get any. Our company makes them so I hust used them.

I already had the GMMG on before I did the LT's. I think I'll be keeping the cats even when I do get a cam....IMO the GMMG sounds shitty w/o cats.