Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTEC cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTEC cutouts

I just purchased a SLP D/D muffler and I am in the process of ordering some mandrel bends so i dont have to use the exhaust shops crimped pipes.

So my setup will be MAC + MAC ORY + SLP D/D.

Here is my question: I am debating on going dual cutouts in the y pipe or just a single in the I pipe. I already own 1 cutout (non electric), but I am trying to find some gains and opinions on the two different setups.

After some searching, I found something that was already kind of worrying me in the back of my mind if i went dual cutouts. It was the fact that if you tune you car on one setup (cutouts open) then your tune would be way off when running closed and vice versa.

With that said and the fact that it will probably cost me around $300 more after getting them welded to the y pipe. I was thinking about just doing the single cutout in the I pipe.

Suggestions??? Much appreciated
Old 12-20-2004, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

dont worry about the tune... i run a QTEC single cutout ... i keep it closed during the night or early morning.. open it during the day and when i am at the track..and i run a stock muffler too

it wont really mess anything up..it works very well for me

dual cutouts will be a tad louder.. specially inside the car. a dual setup will be like an open header setup.. (BADASS )
Old 12-20-2004, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I personally prefer the single cut out in the I pipe but that 'dual cut outs at the headers' thing is pretty cool too.
Go with the QTP electric cut out though regardless of which you choose.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not 100% sure if barry has clips of the duals on his camaro in action but the thing is crazy loud when they're both open, but when closed i think it's quieter than my stock ws6 exhaust was. Best of both worlds if you ask me
Old 12-20-2004, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

yea he has 2 videos on the QTP website of the camaro roasting the tires, sounds BADASS! My buddy has dual QTEC's on his hawk and sounds fuggin awesome....
Old 12-20-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have dual QTP's on my T/A and I must say that you gotta mentally prepare yourself before you open them lol !
Old 12-21-2004, 01:48 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hardtop00SS
yea he has 2 videos on the QTP website of the camaro roasting the tires, sounds BADASS!
Click here:
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Media/