Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's

I need help deciding which to go with for my 01 SS.
both coated, I can get the Pacesetters & ORY for about the same price as I would pay for the Jet Hot's alone. There's aprox $125 price difference which basically amounts to cost of the Y-pipe.
Would it be worth spending the extra cash for the Jet Hot's ?
Which would you choose ?
Old 12-27-2004, 04:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the Pacesetters. They've resolved the K-member issue and the quality looks good.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Go with the Pacesetters. They've resolved the K-member issue and the quality looks good.
I agree. I newer pacesetters look great...and this is comming from someone who used to HATE Pacesetter. I was highly impressed with the LT's I recieved from them a couple of months ago.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Launching!

I agree with both comments. Infact I just ordered a set from Jason at TSP. They have a special on em right now. And while your at it check out TSP's adjustable Y pipe.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

How have the pacesetters been changed? The ones I saw had really crappy welds in the collector, whereas my jethots were very good. Was just wondering what updates have been done to the pacesetters?
Old 12-28-2004, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01TAFlyer
How have the pacesetters been changed? The ones I saw had really crappy welds in the collector, whereas my jethots were very good. Was just wondering what updates have been done to the pacesetters?
The welds appear to be all cleaned up. No more spots not welded...no more over welded. They fit great now, seem to have a better coating, and have a better designed mounting flange that looks VERY nice compared to the old. I was not impressed with the earlier ones at all as it would take some work to make a decent header out of them, but the new ones are very nice for the money. I would not choose anything else unless I was going bigger primary or stainless.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

thanks guys. Sounds like the Pacesetter's are the way to go, especially considering I'm on a budget.
what's the difference, other than the price, between the Pacesetter off road Y and the TSP one ?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like my JetHots, but I dont think youll go wrong with the new pacesetters. Why not save a hundred bucks?!?
Old 12-28-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

what's the difference, other than the price, between the Pacesetter off road Y and the TSP one ?
basically one works and one doesn't...no but in all seriosness the pacesetter y-pipe sucks!...the tsp y-pipe is a nice piece...you'd be luck to get the pacesetter to fit let alone not rattle or bang or leak...just do yourself a favor and pay the little extra for the tsp ypipe...you'll be glad....i've never once heard a story that someone was happy with the pacesetter y-pipe....and i've never once heard a story that someone wasn't happy with the tsp
Old 12-28-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I plan to go with the Jet Hots. They use thicker tubing and thicker flanges which equals an over-all better product.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

I really like my jet hots. The jet hot Y is another story though...
Old 12-28-2004, 11:11 PM
bbz
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
I really like my jet hots. The jet hot Y is another story though...
I'm considering the jet-hot y-pipe...what's up with it?
Old 12-29-2004, 02:12 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
i've never once heard a story that someone was happy with the pacesetter y-pipe....
Well I can't say I'm exactly happy with it, but I'm not gonna complain about mine. I had to rid some of the weld build up, and have the pipe slighly widened to fit... other than that no banging or leaks.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:37 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pacesetter lt's and TSP y-pipe is a very popular choice these days. never heard of anyone being disappointed. TSP is a great company to deal with, i ordered my exhaust setup from them and look forward to doing more business with TSP in the future
Old 12-29-2004, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

my car is an 01 so there's no EGR. I plan to run the ORY, my state has only OBDII testing, is there any reason to keep my AIR system?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope! Ditch the AIR system. You can even run cats without AIR, it just takes them longer to heat up.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

I have the older Pacesetters and i can tell they were easier to put in than my friends jet hots. If Pace LTs are better now, I would definetly go with those.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I still haven't seen any pictures comparing the TSP offroad ypipe to the pacesetter version.

I asked TSP for pics and got brushed off and was told to search this site. All I want is to see what makes it so much better. Is it the fact that it is in 4 or 5 peices which allows you to adjust it to fit better or are there other differences which make it better?

I would instantly whip out the CC and buy the headers and ypipe from TSP if they would just grab a digital camera, put their ypipe together on the floor and then stick a pacesetter version next to it or on top of it, but I guess they can't be bothered.

Oh well.... anyone else able to help?

Somebody has got to have a set of pics showing why their ypipe is sooo much better other than just being adjustable.

And to TSP, sorry if this sounds harsh, its not meant to be, you guys have always been great with customer service and I was just a little surprised when I got "search the internet" as a response.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I still haven't seen any pictures comparing the TSP offroad ypipe to the pacesetter version.

I asked TSP for pics and got brushed off and was told to search this site. All I want is to see what makes it so much better. Is it the fact that it is in 4 or 5 peices which allows you to adjust it to fit better or are there other differences which make it better?

I would instantly whip out the CC and buy the headers and ypipe from TSP if they would just grab a digital camera, put their ypipe together on the floor and then stick a pacesetter version next to it or on top of it, but I guess they can't be bothered.

Oh well.... anyone else able to help?

Somebody has got to have a set of pics showing why their ypipe is sooo much better other than just being adjustable.

And to TSP, sorry if this sounds harsh, its not meant to be, you guys have always been great with customer service and I was just a little surprised when I got "search the internet" as a response.
I agree with you on the no pics. I tried like hell to get a pic also.TSP, Search all you want, there isn't a pic of it on this site!
That being said, I gave up(in) and bought their ORY when I got my Pacesetters a month ago or so. Unfortunately, I didn't have a digital camera then.(got one for xmas).
I was happy with the Y. It is 3" all the way. The Pacesetter has a flat section like the stocker. Adjustability was an issue for me as once I got everything fit together,I couldn't really move any of it. My Y pipe does bang on the floor, but, I am gonna try poly motor/tranny mounts before I mess with the Y any more.
Dropped almost .5 sec. and gained 4mph in the 1/4 by adding them.(Also did clutch,!AIR,self PnP'd throttle body.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill have to vouch for the PS's...i like mine alot and they were a sinch to install...i have the new revised set...