Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about AIR system

Old 01-04-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about AIR system

Let me get this straight. There are 2 AIR connections on the headers - one on the driver's side, and one on the passenger side. There is also one EGR bung on the passenger side header. Correct?

I found the AIR pump on the driver's side near the fog light housing. It has since been disabled with LS1 edit, so it's just sitting there. I'm thinking about just leaving it incase I ever want to re-enable it someday.

What is the junction piece that is on the backside/top of the intake? I removed the AIR hose that goes from that junction to the air box (has a small filter on the end since I have a lid). Then I see that it looks like another hose goes from that junction to the pass. side header.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junction piece is just that.. a junction with a small sensor.

Removing the AIR stuff free's up some room. I'd recommend it if you can get away without it.

You can leave the Pump, but it drops out quicky with 3 or 4 bolts and a plug or two..
Old 01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

I want to remove mine so spark plug changes would be easier. It certainly would make the job a LOT easier.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I'm starting to wish I got the race style headers. EGR/AIR connections make it damn near impossible to change plugs/wires. I spend atleast 3 hours tonight changing out the plug wires and making block off plates for the AIR bungs.

I think I figured everything out. Which AIR fuses do I need to pull? There are 2 - one in each fuse box under the hood. One is a large (looks like a relay) and one is a small 30 amp.

I also got some hissing under the hood after removing the AIR tubes. Is this normal?

Search this Thread