Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler?

Old 01-07-2005, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Muffler?

Got a bone stock 2000 SS with the factory slp dual/dual exhaust. All I want to do is change mufflers not the whole catback. So what do you guys recommend for just a muffler swap? Reason I'm asking is I heard the dual/dual flows well and I need opinions on mufflers that flow just as good are better. I also want a deeper sound because the dual/dual is quite but I know I hate the sound of the loudmouth! Was thinking either Hooker or Magnaflow mufflers. What do you guys think? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also don't plan on any headers nor do I plan on taking my cats off! Thanks in advance!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

I heard one around here who changed his to the Hooker, it sounded really good.
Hooker gets my vote.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

I have the Hooker replacement. Not really loud, but definately sounds better and was what I wanted. You will need like a 4-6" long 2"? extension so the drivers side tip gets in the same place. The muffler is shorter than stock. Got mine at an auto parts store.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

www.ls1sounds.com
Old 01-07-2005, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Cool site! I love the way the slp 2otl sound and the 2 tips on the drivers side is awesome! Might call me crazy for getting rid of the twin tips but hey I got to drive it right? Does anyone know if I switched to that one is there a whole lot of difference in flow between them? Narrowed between either the Hooker or the slp 2otl. Now if I could only sell my dual/dual muffler I'd be in business.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Go with the Magnaflow muffler that's what I did, got it from JEGS. Sounds awesome, nice deep, rich tone.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Teching In

I just put a Magnaflow muffler on my stock Z28 and really love it. Just had an exhuast shop cut the old one out and weld this one in its place so i kept the stock tips.

I really couldn't be happier with it. Beautiful deep tone, loud when you want it to be, but without being pull-me-over obnoxious. Makes me look forward to driving the car even more. Ill post a before and after sound clip tommorow.

Search this Thread