Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Swap??

Old 01-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Swap??

I have a chance to swap out a Borla for an SLP Dual/Dual system. I know the Dual/Dual is about as quiet as you can get and still flow well. I am just wondering what everyones opinion is? Should i swap? or should i hang on to the Borla.

The reason i am considering is beacuse the car is a daily.. and I am thinking that the Dual/Dual would be a litlle bit more friendly on the ears as a daily. Plus, the car will be going to Florida from DE at least 2 times this year, and many other roadtrips as well.. and i think the quiet exhaust would make the trips more comfortable.

On the other hand.. Borla is a Borla. It sounds awesome with the open plate, and I like the fact that i can close it off and run everything through the muffler to quiet it down a little bit. With headers and an ORP(coming soon) I am just wondering if the fully open position will be raspy...

So lets hear those opinions everyone!!! Thanks in advance...
Old 01-07-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the Borla...
Old 01-07-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CammedZ
I have a chance to swap out a Borla for an SLP Dual/Dual system. I know the Dual/Dual is about as quiet as you can get and still flow well. I am just wondering what everyones opinion is? Should i swap? or should i hang on to the Borla.

The reason i am considering is beacuse the car is a daily.. and I am thinking that the Dual/Dual would be a litlle bit more friendly on the ears as a daily. Plus, the car will be going to Florida from DE at least 2 times this year, and many other roadtrips as well.. and i think the quiet exhaust would make the trips more comfortable.

On the other hand.. Borla is a Borla. It sounds awesome with the open plate, and I like the fact that i can close it off and run everything through the muffler to quiet it down a little bit. With headers and an ORP(coming soon) I am just wondering if the fully open position will be raspy...

keep the borla it has a great raspy sound
Old 01-07-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

keep your BORLA.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:43 PM
SRM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CammedZ

I would install the Dual/Dual. I like quiet for my daily driver.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

borla
Old 01-08-2005, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Definitely keep the Borla, it isn't too loud, especially with the solid plate in it.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep the Borla i have mine with headers and ORY and i love the sound not to bad when cruising and sounds tough as hell wide open
BTLFEDSS
Old 01-08-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah if its to loud just cap it up, wide open mine sounds like an animal, cap it up and its nice around town, still pretty loud wot.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

keep the borla
Old 01-08-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

I just swapped from the Borla to a true dual setup.
The Borla sound really good with LT's and ORY. It will be a little raspy with the plate open, with it closed, its not bad. I had a QTP cutout in place of the plates, so I could open it from inside.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say get the DD...I am a sucker for that system..flows just as well as the borla and I love the sleaper of it. It sounds badass with LTs+ORY btw.

edit:

www.ls1sounds.com if you haven't already

Last edited by Gloveperson; 01-08-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Borla sounds TERRIBLE through an ORY with headers......... a chainsaw would be the best description. I took mine off and replaced it with Hooker and have never looked back. Get rid of that exhaust while you can.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I already know what my vote is for, but do yourself a BIG favor first and go listen to both set-ups with LT headers and no cats at every rpm...After that you should have an idea of which set-up will sound a LOT better on your car...

Good luck,

Mike

PS - Borlas sound like major A$$ with headers/no cats (that was your hint). Unless of course you like a unrefined, high-pitched, and very raspy sound...
Old 01-09-2005, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Keep the Borla, Borla with Longtubes, ORY and a large cam is one of the best sounding exhausts systems ever.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I just changed to the borla and it has the best sound I have ever heard through my headers, ory, no rasp at all and real deep.

Search this Thread