Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Holley alum. intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about Holley alum. intake manifold

I bought a Holley Aluminum intake manifold months back and am just now getting around to put it on. I ran into a problem or what I think is a problem. My car has the LS-6 manifold on it. And after I got the fuel rails and bolts off, I felt around back and felt a clip of some sort and some sort of a hose connection. On the Holley, however, there are 2 hose connections and a hole in the center between the 2. WIll the Holley work on my car? Is there some sort of conversion kit I'll need? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Holley intake will work on your car - you will have to fab a couple of things though (at least I did).

The "hole" you describe is where the MAP sensor will need to be switched over from your LS6 intake. There is no provision on the Holley for the small vac line that controls the A/C vents - I "T'ed" mine into the EVAP return line before the purge solenoid.

Buy a 4 foot section of 3/8" fuel line to make a new brake booster hose - the stocker won't quite fit.

Other than that it should bolt right up with the supplied bolts (don't use the stock bolts). You'll (duh) also have to swap over your throttle cable mount and fuel rails/injectors.

I bought a new gasket set and use red loctite to seal the bolts on the bottom plate. Make sure that bottom plate makes a good seal, I lined the gasket with RTV. Line the intake gaskets up with the top of the machined groove in the head - if they slip down during install they can block the injector spray path.

Here are some pics :
http://www.geocities.com/badass30th/intake.html

Good luck,
Bad30th