Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed gears/clutch and tach died?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed gears/clutch and tach died?

I just got done installing my gears and new clutch and now my tech is completely dead. It just sits on 0 and doesnt move. My car is also having problems starting now. I bought and installed a new battery today and it worked for a while but now it's giving me trouble starting again. Any ideas on what can be going on and if the dead tach and troubles starting are related??
Old 01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

I'm fairly positive my alternator is dead, or at least dying. Any ideas how this can cause my tach to go dead?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Ok I unhooked the battery while the car was running and the alternator kept the engine running fine so I don't think it's my alternator. My security light is on now too. I'm really confused here, any help?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

When you reinstalled the tranny, did you make sure all the connections were connected and in the right place? I think there are about 3 connections down there and I think they will fit into one another.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Krab
When you reinstalled the tranny, did you make sure all the connections were connected and in the right place? I think there are about 3 connections down there and I think they will fit into one another.
I suppose something down there could be in the wrong spot but why would that effect the tach? The car drives fine other than the trouble starting and the tach not working.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krab
Nothing there would cause this issue and the plugs are not interchangeable.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:11 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a plug in the side of the block behind the starter, check and make sure its plugged in and/or you didnt cut/scrape any of those wires. Also make sure none of the wires have burned through that run down the passenger fender and to that area around the starter.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tim @ EADPerformance
There is a plug in the side of the block behind the starter, check and make sure its plugged in and/or you didnt cut/scrape any of those wires. Also make sure none of the wires have burned through that run down the passenger fender and to that area around the starter.
Thanks I'll check that out!