Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP LT w/ Corsa CB help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLP LT w/ Corsa CB help....

OK here is my scenario/setup:

Currently have a FLP LT setup utilizing the off-road inserts/y-pipe setup going into a Corsa Catback. Even with a mild 224/228 cam it screams. I love the sound and at WOT it sounds like your in a NASCAR cup car. Regardless I bought a new house and I need to tone it down to 1) not **** the neighbors off when I come home from work at 3am. 2) would like to keep a lower profile in my new nieghborhood because it is closer to some "poorer" neighborhoods and would rather not attract anyones attention. The cars looks attract enuff attraction.

So anyways I want to continue using my off-road inserts in my y-pipes (they are just straight pipes that can be replaced with cats, for those not familiar with FLP systems) because I have my WB O2 bung welded in the one. Anyways I was thinking about putting on a dual QTEC cutout setup on the OR pipes and then even put one Car Chemistry or Dynatech insert in the 3" section leading to the muffler or I thought it might be quiter if I put to inserts in the y-pipe right after the QTEC cutouts if I got room.

Anyone have any experience or input on how to quite down my setup without re-installing the cats?

How do the cone inserts, primarily used on the collector of the headers, compare to the disc inserts like Car Chemistry???

Any input would be helpful,
Jon
Old 01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

You could always replace the muffler with a SLP DD muffler. It is quiet but flows well. I have the FLP's w/o the cats running through SLP DD on my SS. I have cam that is in sig and it is quiet until you get on it then the volume increases. Just a thought.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tom99SS
You could always replace the muffler with a SLP DD muffler. It is quiet but flows well. I have the FLP's w/o the cats running through SLP DD on my SS. I have cam that is in sig and it is quiet until you get on it then the volume increases. Just a thought.
Not even an option, the corsa just looks awesome and really makes the rear look sexy Thanks for the response though.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is what the two disk CC baffle did to my TR224 stock headed power....... I had the baffle welded into my I pipe after the cutout.

Red is with the baffle before the muffler and blue is with the open QTEC before the baffle...

Needless to say it's a huge restriction and I would steer very far away.
I went through the same thing you are going through and just decided to put the cats back on. Corsa sounds damn good with LT's @ highflow cats. Welding an 18" bullet muffler in your I pipe might quiet it down some. HTH
Old 01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

I would say the easiest and most cost effective thing to do would just swap back in the cats you would only see a power drop of 8 to 10 horsepower and can always swap back in the off-road pipes when you go racing.