Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spintech mufflers/cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spintech mufflers/cat back exhaust

I have an 02 M6 Z28. I am considering a custom exhaust using a custom Y pipe into a single 3.5" pipe. Spintech has a muffler with a 3.5" in, and dual 3" outs. My question is will a 3.5" be too large, and cost me low end torque? Also If anyone has used spintech mufflers, how do they sound compared to say Flowmaster/Magnaflow? I was also considering an inline bullet muffler instead of the spintech in the 3.5" pipe. I would then split it after the rear to dual 2.5" pipes. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appr eciated.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the single 3" inlet/ dual 3" outlet muffler from Spintech. It sounded cool but choked about 15 rwhp on my old cam only setup when compared to the open cutout.
It sounded very deep at idle and in the mid range, yet at high rpms, it was very metallic sounding.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the 4" inlet/ dual 3" outlet on my 02 Z, and I loved how it sounded, but it just wasn't loud enough for me with the cats still on, so I went to duals with Flows. They sound really good, not sure about the hp department though.