Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what will flow better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what will flow better?

I have access to a press bender at work. I was wondering if an x pipe with 3 "in and dual 2 1/2" out with sweet thunders or a 3" y pipe set up and a sweet thunder in the I pipe.I'm curious on which is better before i buy the parts.Will the press bent dual 2 1/2 be restictive.

Last edited by 8ASTANG; 01-15-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have a bender I would order a 3" x pipe universal kit and go with that along with some dynomax round mufflers.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the merge of the X pipe and flowing into another big oppening will cause slightly more velocity, thus bringin out slightly more midrange power...most likely will flaten and raise the torque curve by about 2-3 ft-lbs over the other setup...and mayb 4-6 hp gains in the midrange but overall same peak as the Y pipe setup...just at a diff. RPM

Thats my educated guess, and seems very accurate form what ive read along this board. Most will tell you T/D and i personally think TD's maybe the route to take. but if you would rather save some cash and just slap in the Chambered Muffler then go for it...either way you get EXCELENT sound and performance