Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G1 cam and GMMG?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G1 cam and GMMG?

aight ive been lurking around for cams...now that i have GMMG and QTP Lt;'s waiting to get installed.

i've come across the MTI G1 cam which is spec'd out the same as the one in the 455 stroker they have (btw is it the same?)

i've heard the Idling clip of the G1 cam on a GTO with stainless works Chambered true duals..WHICH IS AMAZING might i ad...sounds great and which i could here it rev. i dont like too much cam lope and it did not sound like it had too much.

How do you think it will sound with QTP LT's w/ or w/o catted Ypipe and GMMG? will it sound similar or better than what that gto sounds like? would it be raspy because its not a T/D setup or just all rumble/roar? how much cam lope would i expect?

also what power diff would there be between LT's and GMMG with G1 and TD's and G1 cam.

would it be best to just get a stealthy cam to keep the GMMG sound or will this cam improve the sound? (in my opinion that is, some-no lope, deep rumble, roars through the range, no rasp) What performance difference would there most likely be between G1 and cams like the SS2?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

anybody? please...planning on it for this summer throguh the winter
Old 01-17-2005, 11:50 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at the G1's specs, I'd say it's gonna chop a bit. If you can't stand lope/chop at all, then go with the Stealth II cam. It makes good power also.

The other concerns you have regarding exhaust note and rasp have nothing to do with your cam selection.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

sweet thanks for a reply...Cam lope isnt all that bad i mean i jsut dont want it to be the annoying clinky sound, i want it to rumble and growl at the same time ya kno have some deep exhaust sound come out with it that overpowers it for the most part, and REV somehwat like the TRex does it sounds soo sweet when revved. anybody else ttt?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

That set up is going to sound outstanding. Probably one of the best around. It'll be loud, but truly badass.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

A catted y, would get rid of rasp, and might take the edge off of the sound of lope (from what I have been told). But with having true duals, you wouldn't have rasp, and it would sound awesome.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

anyone else gotta take on this?
Old 03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

yea...choose a cam based on performance needs, THEN sound requirements, if one must go in front of the other. otherwise you're just going to end up disappointed. you'll get used to chop eventually, but you'll never get used to being slow.

GMMG sounds badass no matter what....and its the least raspy catback around afaik.