Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Rumbler Cat Back

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Rumbler Cat Back

Anyone have the TSP rumbler cat back? I heard it on lS1Sounds, and it sounded pretty mean. Is it really loud? Is there a lot of drone in the car. Also how well does it flow? has anyone dyno'd this setup? I like my setups loud but not obnoxiously loud. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you running cats?
Old 01-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Are you running cats?
Yes,
The car is stock right now. I am going to install the SLP Y pipe when I do the cat back to smooth out the mashed factory Y.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

I loved the TSP Rumbler, sounded awesome, the muffler really cut the drone down, there seemed to be only a few places on the RPM range where there was drone. It's not horribly loud, unless you really get on it but then what isn't. My friend has a Mach1 with a Borla catback and the rumbler was quieter but sounds fifty times better.

I didn't dyno my car completely stock, but with the rumbler and a lid i put down 309 RWHP and 324 RWTQ, this was with cats and the "mashed up" y-pipe.

I actually just had the system taken off for headers and true duals, PM me if you're interested, plus I have the SLP Hi-Flow y-pipe to sell as well.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The system will not be too loud, by any means, with cats on the car. As with any cat-back exhaust, it will get a decent amount louder when you pull the cats off of the car. It's not a system that has much drone to it at all. It is one of the highest-flowing cat-back systems you can find on the market! The muffler we use is a straight-through Dynomax bullet that does not hinder flow at all. It will provide you with great sound and excellent performance.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We have them in stock and ready to ship.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

im thinking about ditching the b&b catback i have, its 3.5 inch over the axle pipe is vibrating into the body of the car there... with my mac headers and mac ory pipe do u think the tsp catback would sound good, or is it going to be raspy? the b&b is raspy on top of the banging.