Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cars gettin a lil weird!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cars gettin a lil weird!?

my cars is running open header just for a lil while while i'm gettin some parts in and i noticed that every time i let off the gas its starts popping or backfireing, any help and question number two anyone now why i would be losing coolant because when i run my car coolant overflows from the resiviour but this has been since before i went open header, any help would be appreciated
Old 01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

well the popping and back firing is probably from the lack of back pressure, when i ran my car open headers it didnt like it one bit. The o2 sensors dont have enough room behind them to work correctly either i dont believe. If coolant is overflowing you must have a block age somewhere? does the car over heat as well?
Old 01-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

nope, car never overheats
Old 01-20-2005, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

u know what i think im leaking coolant like u as well.. car never overheats, but always smells of coolant under the hood and kinda has the burnt off stain after a long drive.. yet no over heating or funny driving

oh and u think it pops and backfires with open lt's........ i had the chance to hear mine with open stock manfolds.. sounding like a machine gun firing in a metal bucket or something lol.... in my defense i started it out of curiousity.. was trading a guy out headers for stock stuff so i had a lil time to kill.