Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about TSP True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about TSP True Duals

Imma gonna be ordering and installing a pair of Pacesetter LongTubes along with the TSP True Dual system...

My question is: Do i need an X-Pipe or H-Pipe? And can I install cats if I wanted too? Can I install them without cats?

Im not lookin to pass smog with ease (gonna keep my current system and reinstall if and when i have to pass smog again). But if LTs + True Duals w/ Cats will pass smog then I might as well throw em in

Oh yeah, how much louder and meaner will my car sound after this? (Current set up: Edelbrock Shorties, Magnaflow Cat back)
Old 01-19-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

tsp duals come with an x-pipe, and for cats, you would have to have them welded in custom. Car will sound great!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, the TSP system comes with an x pipe.

You can run cats with it or w/o cats. It comes as a bolt on off road system (meaning no cats), but you can custom add some cats like I did. (Pic attached).

Yes, your car will be A LOT louder than your current setup. Shorties and magnaflow catback is one of the most quiet aftermarket exhaust setups you can have.

Pic of my TSP true dual setup: I added hi flow cats and replaced the bullets with Sweet Thunder chambered mufflers.
Attached Thumbnails Question about TSP True Duals-catsb4xpipe.jpg   Question about TSP True Duals-tpsxpipe.jpg   Question about TSP True Duals-sweetthunder.jpg  
Old 01-19-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Car will sound real deep when sitting still and like a nascar when ya punch it sounds awsome unique tone
Old 01-19-2005, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

The car will be loud as hell compared to the Magnaflow, I had to do the switch the other way-TSP td's to Magnaflow. I think I am just to old for td's but the car sounded so sweet!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the responses guys...thats kinda what I had figuered...cant wait to do this to my car
Old 01-20-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Pic of my TSP true dual setup: I added hi flow cats and replaced the bullets with Sweet Thunder chambered mufflers.
Man, that is exactly what I want when I get Pacesetters and the TSP Rumbler X. I like the extra ground clearance of the Sweet Thunders vs. the Race Magnum bullet mufflers.
Do you have any sound clips of your car with the Sweet Thunders??
Old 01-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Retired Street Racer

did tsp ever fix their torque arm issue?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by hitmeoff
Imma gonna be ordering and installing a pair of Pacesetter LongTubes along with the TSP True Dual system...

My question is: Do i need an X-Pipe or H-Pipe? And can I install cats if I wanted too? Can I install them without cats?

Im not lookin to pass smog with ease (gonna keep my current system and reinstall if and when i have to pass smog again). But if LTs + True Duals w/ Cats will pass smog then I might as well throw em in

Oh yeah, how much louder and meaner will my car sound after this? (Current set up: Edelbrock Shorties, Magnaflow Cat back)

Isn't California really strict on their exhaust systems allowable??? Might wanna PM JRP and ask him how far you can go w/o being illegal. I live in TN, and technically True duals w/ cats dumped before the axle are illegal even here in country town!

I think the issue is more with having the cats in the stock location more than having cats at all in california if i remember correctly

Edit: OOPS...man is that a bad one to get mixed up with!!

Last edited by tim99ws6; 01-20-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^It's "jrp", not jpr.

CAMWNDR, sorry no clips man. But they wouldn't help anyways...ls1sounds.com honestly sounds very little to real life.
You've got a sweet car man, where in FL are you from? Love the wheels, too.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

5POINT7, OK thanks. Glad you like the car too . I am very proud of the Thrque Thrust II Classic wheels. You just do not see them very often, and they seem to ooze "Muscle Car" to me .
I live in North Florida in a town called Chattahoochee, it is about an hour West of Tallahassee on Hwy. 90.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

5POINT7 you have nice clearance on you pipes. Does your's bang the floor of the car at all? Did you gain any clearance by adding the Sweet Thunder mufflers? What is the difference in sound between the two mufflers.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZR2877
5POINT7 you have nice clearance on you pipes. Does your's bang the floor of the car at all? Did you gain any clearance by adding the Sweet Thunder mufflers? What is the difference in sound between the two mufflers.
Yeah, clearance if freakin awesome for a lowered car. I'll still scrape if I'm stupid (ie, going to fast over bumps), but with proper care I rarely scrape. I once had me (190 lbs) and two passengers ride along (180 lbs and 280 lbs) and a 10" sub in the back...didn't scrape a single thing. I gained a lot of clearance w/ the sweet thunders over the bullets. I'd recommend them to anyone with TSP true duals. Difference in sound is night and day. Same dB level, but completely different tone. Much deeper w/ the st's.

CAMWNDR,
If you lived a little closer I would have met you somewhere for an upclose listen. Never even heard of Chattahoochee, lol. Sweet car man.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
CAMWNDR,
If you lived a little closer I would have met you somewhere for an upclose listen. Never even heard of Chattahoochee, lol. Sweet car man.
That's cool.

Quick Reply: Question about TSP True Duals