Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loud Mouth

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Loud Mouth

Recently purchased '02 Z28 I'm thinking of putting the SLP Loud Mouth cat back system on the car.BUT,some I have talked to say it is to noisy inside car.How much noiser is it from stock exhaust?
The only thing I'm going to do to the car is a cat back system,& an air lid or some type of after market air box.No headers,or y pipes,maybe a less restrictive cat.This car is going to be my cruiser.Your opinion is gretaly appreciated.All my experience is with the old school muscle cars.'70 T/A,'70 Buick Grand Sport Stage 1 both run mid to low 12's almost all stock.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

www.ls1sounds.com should have a clip or two that should help you out. If you wanna get a catback i would recommend gmmg....it's pricey i know but you won't have any regrets with it where as you might have some with a LM. There is some drone with a LM too...which is tolerable with stock everything else. Hot02ss i think is his s/n just recently put on a LM with stock everything else, check out his sound clip.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:24 PM
7 Second Club

if all your going to do is airlid and exhaust then the Loud mouth is probably one of your better options...with LT's it will get pretty loud... they sound mean as hell on stock cars! do it and youll like it...

Tyler
Old 01-20-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Not too loud without headers and keeping CATS on. It will make people think u have a bad machine!
Old 01-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Teching In

I purchased the LM at SLP Day back in Sept. They had a great deal that final broke my discussion making process. LM, Magnaflow, Borla.

My Firehawk's dual/dual was too quiet in my opinion. The LM was just what I was looking for!! I LOVE IT NOW!! Yes it is LOUD at WOT, but highway speed it is fine. To me, it is what it should have sounded like from factory. Now I just wish I would not have waited so long.

It is all in what you like. My 2cents. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

It WILL drone on the highway. I have the LM on my stock M6 Trans Am. In 6th gear cruising at around 75-80 I go DEAF. BUT, it sounds sooo badass when your gettin on it, and around town. Definitely worth the money unless all you do is highway drivin.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had some guy follow me for 4 miles to ask what made my T/A sound so good. It is loud but not to loud. People do look, but LM sounds good.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Launching!

I am running Mac Header's, Mac Y-Pipe (no cats), and Loudmouth! Yes there is quit a bit of drone and it can sound raspy! But it does sound pretty mean. I get alot of compliments from people saying "it sounds good"! But others don't like it! I will prolly end up getting rid of the LM, but for now it's staying!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

I dig the drone, personally.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked mine but took it off when I put LT's on. I did not want it to loud. I had it on the car only eight months and when my buddy and I took it off we dropped the
rear end so we would not have to cut it. If your interested pm me and let me know where you live. If it is close we can install it for you too.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

I also have pacesetter LT's, TSP ory and LM. basically this is a straight thru exhaust...no mufflers, no cats and at WOT it will cause children, elders and even some average adults to **** themselves. At first I loved it than I was getting annoyed with the rasp, now all the sudden I love it again. At times it sounds amazing, esecially on the decell. Its just so mean, you have to hear it to believe it. i took a ride in a 500rwhp mustang GT w/LT's and full exhaust the other day and it sounded so quiet to me as a comparison. After I got out of that car and went ripping off in my car it sounded like I had about twice the power.

Anyhow, on a stock car with stock headers and cats it will be fine and won't be too loud at all. it will just at a lot more aggressive sound to the car, so if thats what you want than get it. If you want a quiet stealth machine, don't get it.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the LM. It is loud enough to set off car alarms.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Loudmouth is loud and deep. I remember I was coming out of the grocery store and I remote started my car as I was approaching it. There happen to be an elderly lady walking past the rear of the car. When my car came to life it scared the crap out of here. She dropped all her groceries and nearly fell to the ground.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:25 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by 02lsiz28
BUT,some I have talked to say it is to noisy inside car.How much noiser is it from stock exhaust?
It's pretty loud; the person in the back seat can't hear a front seat conversation.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redbeast
She dropped all her groceries and nearly fell to the ground.
You are a terrible human being.

In all seriousness, if you really are only going to do a lid and cat-back. Save the extra cash and get GMMG you will NOT regret it.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

I have it and like it a whole lot!! Click on my sig to see what it sounds like on a stock Camaro. I plan on getting some LT headers in the near future, cant wait to hear what that sounds like.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Teching In

dont do it, i had them on for 35,000 miles on highway and town use and eventually the interior drone got to me. open throttle is the nastiest sound around for a cat only exhaust but if your planning for long term use i wouldnt recommend. i put on magnaflow and it sounds just right for everday use, would best compare it to gmmg only not as loud
Old 01-24-2005, 03:50 AM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

I did not like the LM for highway cruising. Sounded like a friggin semi everytime I went up a grade on the interstate. (what gearing you have and M6/A4 will make a difference) I put a Borla XR1 in place of the resonator and it's just right for me. JMO.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:52 AM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Nice to see you had a GS. I had the first year Gran Sport, '65. Had a 401/Muncie 4 speed. Would clean many a 396's clock.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

my friend had lm it sounded awesome inside the car wasnt too bad either i strongly recommend u do buy lms u won't regret it .....shop around for prices u can find it cheap if u really try .....ebay is a great source......if ur not satisfied theres plenty of people out there that would love to get their hands on slp lm for a price lower than originial if u decide to sell it